1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone here have the gold mario amiibo?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Crownknight, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Just got one yesterday. They're really expensive online. One gold mario is currently being put up for $5,000.00! Mine was SO much cheaper though. As you can probably gather from the above, gold mario is the rarest amiibo. So I repeat the same question, does anyone have a gold mario?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I'm avoiding starting a mainline Amiibo collection, only collecting AC Amiibos atm.

3. Crownknight

Credit:
    Oh. Well, I have a mainline Amiibo collection for Super Mario Maker. However I only bought 2 (Normal Yoshi and Golden Mario,of course) and 1 came with the Wii U. (Mega Mario) The rest I currently have are all from the Hundred Mario Challenge. However, I guess Amiibos in the end aren't to useful anyway.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    They don't do a ton, the Smash ones have some uses in Smash Bros., AC ones now do some stuff in AC:NL. Overall Amiibos, it's mostly all small stuff in various games but they do have some uses, honestly not much of it is really needed. However Nintendo has already confirmed they will continue them with Switch so they are here to stay.

I'd grade the majority of them as not necessary but not a waste to pick up either, especially on sale. They may get more uses down the line. I really only picked up the AC ones because I'm a huge fan of the series so it makes a nice collectable, now that they do something in the game it's a little more worth it but even still they don't make a huge impact.

5. Crownknight

Credit:
    Oh, the switch? Never knew that. If I ever get one I'll be sure to consider that fact if I purchase a Nintendo Switch.