1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Does Fishing Belong in AQ3D and Why?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Gamma001, Oct 1, 2018.

Do you think fishing belongs in AQ3D and why?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe in the future

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So, fishing was recently released on AQ3D. However, it seems like the community is split on the decision of adding a fishing system. So, what do you all think?

I personally believe that fishing should've been added into the game later. The AE team could've worked on fixing the loot system, making daily quests, or finalizing Battleon. However, they chose to add fishing mechanics. I just don't think the team has their priorities straight.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think fishing could use a lot of improvements, especially to reflect public opinion. The issue I see is that fishing was announced the day before the feature actually got released, and so there wasn't any input from players put into the idea. They could have put the idea into PTR and have players there address concerns and add their own feedback, but for whatever reason, they didn't do it with that feature.

For instance, I don't like having to wait for spots to rattle in the water just so I can cast my fishing rod, partly because the timer, when you do start casting, is very iffy. I'd rather have my fishing rod cast into the water to begin with, wait a bit, and whenever a spot rattles in the water, I can pull the rod to see whether I caught a fish or not. To me, that sounds more enjoyable.

Another thing I've pointed out is their usage of their rarity/quality system, like items colored gray being called "common" instead of "junk", which isn't limited to just fishing. And finally, the message screen (yellow text) and lack of a visual tutorial makes fishing seem confusing. When people see "fishing failed" or whatever the text was, they think it's bugged when in fact, it could be worded differently like "fish escaped."

So in short, it just seemed to be a feature that came out of nowhere that had little to no player input.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I say that fishing does belong to AQ3D even in this current form. It was put to live servers as a beta version for us to test and the whole game being in beta makes it fit in. We need to give feedback on how to improve it.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Fishing as it stands isn't terrible, but it definitely could use improvements. I don't find it to be that enjoyable since you could fish while you're semi-AFK, or walk around the pier and click on fishing spots then rejoin Lolosia to go back to spawn to repeat the process. If fishing was more of a reflex mini-game than a click mini-game that required attentiveness, then I think it'd be more fun, plus people would be less likely to cheat the system that way. It seems unlikely they'll change the mini-game that much since we've already got 8 ranks, unless they decide to boost the ranks up to 10 after getting enough feedback of the feature to encourage players to try something new.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I also want to see changes to the actual act of fishing as well. I do want to see what AE decides do next with it.

6. Azula

Azula Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Fishing right now is basically useless, I thought it would be the next money making method. I was wrong.

7. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Fishing definitely needs improvement.

It was announced it was still in beta and testing so we'll see.

It's just weird that they actually released it this early though.

8. NaMjOoN

NaMjOoN Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I don't find any use for it. The process is boring. there is no real goal set for fishing, and it is overall just plain bad. I would add somrthing that actually rewards players for fishing, if not, just remove it entirely.

9. CuriousLeun

Credit:
    What rewards or incentives do you want?

10. NaMjOoN

Credit:
    I actually want fishing to reward gold, but it seems that ae would have to find something to do with all the gold players have racked up in the game before rewarding players for catching fish. fishing could also be a really amazing and fun minigame that players can do. fishing events can also allow ae to do something different and maybe add boats that we can actually ride while fishing so then the water would have some use other than scenery

11. CuriousLeun

Credit:
    Unfortunately, there are better options to farm gold.

They can solve this by multiplying the sell price of the fishes by like x10.

Also, maybe a daily quest for fishing would be interesting.

12. NaMjOoN

Credit:
    again, there are probably better ways to farm gold, like dreadfools labrinth. daily quests would just prove that ae has no originality and is afraid to try new things. unless they find something useful to do with gold, trying new ideas would be a better option.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Fishing in it's current form is not really a viable way to farm for gold considering that there are better methods to do so and buffing fish sellback value is not a solution. You need to find a fishing spot to fish and with a lot of people fishing it's going to be a nightmare to fish. Making fishing work differently could solve current issues. Go give them feedback to improve it or else nothing will change to help grow to be a great trade skill. Current ideas for it are great from AQ3D design note post but there are improvements to be done.

14. CuriousLeun

Credit:
    Yess, I do want one single spot to fish. That's literally how fishing is supposed to be.

The problem that the devs want to solve is botting. They have to figure out how to prevent these botters.

Unfortunately, it looks like they ended up choosing the solution of making people run around.

15. Tywin Lannister

Tywin Lannister Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I don't like how the fishing spots are shared. It makes it extremely annoying to fish in a populated area. When I was reading about it, it was supposed to be "chill and relaxing" but when doing it it's not chill and relaxing and I'm speed rushing to each lure

Lancel Lannister likes this.
  16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It does feel quite hectic right now to fish and it would be nice to get more spots to fish from and not just from Lolosia docks.

17. Pingus13

Pingus13 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I don't really think fishing belongs in aq3d, it's a useless skill right now

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Then AE will make it useful so it will be worth the time used on it.

19. Glim

Glim Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    i agree they should add more fishing spots beside docks

20. CuriousLeun

Credit:
    They plan to add more spots in the future.