1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

DOMO review

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Symmetry, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symmetry

Symmetry Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Dream of Mirror Online is..no come back! I'm sure you're tired of the countless advertisments that have been appearing because of Aeria's newest promotion, the ton of spam flooding forum's everywhere, on behalf of the Aeria community I would like to apologise and assure you we are not all like that.

Anyway, back to the review, DOMO, or Dream of Mirror Online is a 3D, cell-shaded, casual game hosted by Aeria games (for North America) and Gametribe (For Europe, there are other versions though not aimed at the English speaking audience).

Taken from the Aeria website itself: DOMO boasts a robust crafting system, extensive quests, and many fun skills...extensive customization....rich social features...Great pet system. Ahhh. We hit a snag.

Firstly let us take the "robust crafting system", funny, I've been looking for a fun crafting system since I played runescape (contrary to the popular view I think runescape's crafting system was very good, pity it lacked in almost every other aspect), what DOMO has is a crafting system where you pratically have to leave your character to farm overnight, you simply buy some "collection tools" and "collect" in a special designated area for x amount of hours. However I have to concede that having to make your own armour (monsters do not drop any armour nor weapons) is quite a nice touch and stops elitists farming bosses for rare drops for days on end.

Secondly the "extensive quests", the problem I feel here is thus far, doing a quests gains you less experience than say, grinding for the same amount of time, personally I feel that quests ought to give more experience because thus far I see no point in doing most of them. I feel that players ought to want to do quests, I feel no sudden urge to kill x amount of monsters and fly halfway arounf the world only to find the bloody npc gives me 0.002% experience.

So? What good points does DOMO have?

The best point about DOMO is the customization. I'm not talking about the customization of looks because (barring any cash shop items), the amount of character customization is typical for a MMORPG, I'm talking about the skill customization and this is where the game really shine.

First we have 14-15 different classes with 2 major skill trees and 1 minor skill tree each, pretty good eh? Secondly you can change classes at any time without losing your old class (e.g. from level 40 shaman to level 10 doctor and back again) and lastly, each job can have 2 major skill trees and 2 minor skill trees substituted onto the job. This allows for hundreds of different combinations, you can create your own, perfect class! This allows every player to play how they want to play, soloers can become totally self-dependant as they can sub buffs and heals from other classes, party players can sub AOE's from other classes and perhaps the largest benefit from this system is there is no "perfect" skill build for each class, Shaman's (magic casters in the game) have skills that can potentially used for melee classes and perhaps with a few subs from melee classes a Shaman can potentially be as potent a melee'er as, say a martial artist.

There is no end to the amount of flexibility and diversity that surround this skill and job system.

So to wrap it up..DOMO is...is.. oh hell just try it yourself.

http://http://domo.aeriagames.com/

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  3. Bhunter

Bhunter BamBam

Credit:
    great

Yes this review cool. The game too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.