1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

DOTA 2 Artifact has a release date!

Discussion in 'DotA' started by JamesWN1, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Valve's new fantasy card game has a release date. Artifact will launch on Steam on November 28. It will cost $20 and will get you a total of 228 cards (280 unique cards will be available at launch), though, naturally, not all of your 228 will be unique. You’ll get two base decks, each containing five heroes, nine items, and 40 additional cards. Ten booster packs will also be included, each containing 12 random cards, with every pack guaranteeing at least one rare. Further booster packs will be available for $2 each.

The game is currently in closed beta, and at a recent press event declared that Artifact would see a public release in 2018. And, true to their word, November 28, 2018 is indeed in 2018. There will also be an Artifact tournament in Q1 2019, with a first prize of $1 million.

Here is the official trailer:

2. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:

If you don't know what artifact is, this video above gives a small rundown on the game. I always believe that valve creates games not for the money. As long as they make a great game, the money will follow. This game is making me very excited about card games, which I usually hate. Valve stated that this will be different from other card games in that they removed the aspects that make current card games bad or unpleasant. There are a lot more mechanics than most card games, and it seems to be very similar to DOTA with lanes, creeps, and towers. What do you guys think? Let me know your thoughts, I am curious as to who will get this game?. (I probably will)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.