1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Weather and Time-Based Condition System

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Reynz, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Reynz

Reynz Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I would like the staff to reworked on current weather system for AQ3D such rain,cloudy, or anything. And also would like for AQ3D to implement such time-based condition like when it comes to 6 PM it the sky getting darker and the night comes and vice-versa. that also automatically implement the "Constant Server Time". What do you think?

2. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Artix did say already, that doesn't gonna happen..... :(

3. Reynz

Credit:
    in which reference?

4. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i'll find it... sry bro.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think a weather would be too much work (and I don't mean adding weather for events like rain for Friday the 13th and snow for Frostval where the weather is permanent in the town); I mean a weather system that appears randomly from time to time. But for time based condition, I think a day/night cycle for Battleon would be nice; maybe cycle every 6 hours or every 12 hours. With time based condition, they could have exclusive things you can do during the day and exclusive things you can do during the night, maybe even change how the town appears during the night.

ugmsrocks09 likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    That would be awesome but a persistent and dynamic affect might not be capable due to the game being crossplatform. It has to be able to perform on all devices and that may be pushing it, as it is right now we barely have a soundtrack due to the music stopping its playing after 30 seconds lol.

ugmsrocks09 likes this.
  7. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    This sounds neat and sweet to me..
    u.u

8. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    A day/night cycle would be really neat even if it only applied to Battleon. I would make day time 10 minutes and night time 7 minutes that way everyone can experience both

ugmsrocks09 and Snowy like this.
  9. ifh101

ifh101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    If they do implement this, they should make different set items and quests that are only available during the day and for the night.

Snowy likes this.
  10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think 10 minutes of day and 7 minutes of night is too quick, especially if AE plans on making day-exclusive quests, shops, events, etc. and night-exclusive quests, shops, events, etc., so maybe 6 hours of day and 6 hours of night wouldn't be too bad.

I think that would be an excellent idea, but not just that. It would be nice to have the music change during the day and night; I'd love to listen to an energetic music during the day and a nice jazz music during the nighttime in Battleon. They could even have an outdoor band with different NPCs (e.g. a rock band during the day and a jazz band during the night) at Battleon during the day and night to make the mood of the day/night feel lively.

Rex likes this.
  11. ifh101

ifh101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Yeah the music would be a great addition. I just don't like how the music ends and doesn't repeat. Either ways, if this does happen I would love to see some exclusive things available during their corresponding hours.

ugmsrocks09 and Snowy like this.
  12. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Very true, I hope that would be one of the first things to be fixed before the next update. I also believe there should be more soundtracks for each area instead of replaying the same song over and over. I think a day and night system would only be great Battleon as well just due to the fact that the other areas are suppose to look bright and sunny or dark and gloomy. The weather system is not something Im a fan of, since it's most likely going to cause lag for tons of mobile users.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think a day and night cycle should be limited to just Battleon; I think a night cycle getting implemented to Greenguard and Heartwood would be nice, except every NPC will still have their quests and shops. AE could make night variants of the monsters like for the wolves in Heartwood (make them spooky or something) or the Frogzards in Greenguard (glowing eyes), and could probably have some Easter eggs only available during the night like a secret NPC. They could even have side-quests only available during the nighttime to reinforce the main story; for example, they could make an entire story about creatures shifting forms because of some kind of magic during the night for the Greenguard storyline since the main storyline is about magic infecting the monsters. So much potential.

But of course, a day and night cycle wouldn't be for all areas. It would be really strange to see daylight for Doomwood.

ugmsrocks09 likes this.
  14. Khromyr

Khromyr Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Doomwood could be clouded only there, as if a black magic hides the sun

Sorry my bad english ahahhaha

Excelent idea . :2thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
  15. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Well I do suppose areas like Greenguard should have a day and night cycle. It would be great to see some new quests and monsters that occurs only in the night. Perhaps that can be the way to obtain the darkest night instead of just having a random npc giving that quest out.

16. Forgotten_Dream

Forgotten_Dream Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    darn it i never think about that, it wil be more awesome if it added in AQ3D
    i agreee with you bro:2thumbsup:

17. Reynz

Credit:
    agree so much :D that would be more valuable as this game classified as RPG, not just a grinding but a tricky and skill-needed gameplay to implemented~

18. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    This discussion is getting pretty sweet. Cool ideas. AQ3D will be better with these suggestions cx

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm sure some of these ideas would make AQ3D a better game, but it's only a matter of time and development.

Mayonnaise likes this.
  20. Reynz

Credit:
    and to think of it. just how some good ideas on the forum would approach AE staff and got discussed by them~ its too abstract if its only a writing on such electronic media~