1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

E-Love - Fantasy or Reality?

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by ALTO, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    What is your opinion towards E-Love? There are more and more people finding their true love from the virtual world of the internet. I didn't think E-love is something I could trust until I conducted this

interview. Their love shows everyone that barriers can be broken anytime if there is true love between two persons, even through something like Conquer Online.

Andrei is from Romania, he met his fiancée in Conquer since 2005. Many players have heard that he fell in love with Maeva, a girl from France. Do you know what made Andrei move to France? The answer is true

love! He proposed in real life 2 years ago and they plan to hold the wedding ceremony on May 16, 2011. That is so sweet, right?

For the forthcoming Valentine' Day, this couple accepted an interview to share their love story with the game community.

If you are interested in this interview, you can click here.

2. RuneMiner

RuneMiner BamBam

Credit:
    Never heard of it :S Any decent? Worthwhile you reckon?

3. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i say its a sign of desparation

4. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I was never a fan of trying to meet females in anygame or online. I am happy with the one I have right now in real life. Also at a despereate attempt for a male to meet a female, you better be damn sure that the female character or screen name is deffently a female in real life, just saying.

Weird as it is people do find true love in games or on instant messaging. Heres an example of people finding truelove ingame.

YouTube - world of warcraft (the wedding)

It happened in WoW on the Alliance side. To Weird if you ask me. The only thing that came to mind when I saw this was, "figures leave it to Alliance do something as strange as that." But it does happen.

The jist of this video for non WoW players is:
    WoW has two factions, Horde, and Alliance. Who are at war with one another. Each factions have five classes.

Each classes have a capitol city ingame that usually have Auction Houses, class trainers, and many more things.

These Two are the Night Elf class and Human class Alliance faction. The wedding takes place in the Human capitol city.

All the other people in this clip are mostly Guild members of there guild on there earned mounts.

The ones getting married use game emotes to interact with one another.

The ring was made by someone in guild that had jewelcrafting as a secondary skill. And was giving through a trade window.

The tuxsedo and dress was made by someone who did Tailoring as a secondary skill.

The effects after there marrage was done from players/Guild members casting there AOE spells.

They used ingame player to player chat windows to type a poem to one another, and the ingame player to player chat windows can be read by everybody that is in the area around the characters chatting. But I think there windows where through guild chat, Meaning people in the party are the only ones that can read what is said.

There are alot of other weddings in this youtube area. As weird as it sounds, it does happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  5. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    in one of my favourite mmos they always used to have weddings it was fun but i just think its dumb to have a online girlfriend besides it could be a guy that your speaking to as a girl character

6. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You can meet wierd people in online games:p. I met a "girl" who liked me once. The only problem was that she never would send me her picture or talk on the phone rofl.

7. Vikeadyn

Credit:
    LMAO where you sure it was a girl then?

8. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Why do you think I put girl in quotation marks:p? With my dumm luck it would turn out to be a 40 year old man rofl....I never found out

9. Vikeadyn

Credit:
    LMAO dude got busted..

10. JaredOzzy

Credit:
  11. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    too many men posing as women on the internet... cant be sure of what you're chatting to, because well you can't see the person and even images can be fake

12. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Exactly. Plus, who wants to "date" someone that you don't know what they're like, what they look, etc. outside of the game.

13. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    They're trying to hook guys up and earn extra money as usual... In other terms, Scamming..

Power leveling company ruins AO game..

14. citadelrose

citadelrose Ogre Newling

Credit:
    haha yep u can never be sure. Thats what vent is for ,, and also I am going to marry my rl hubby in-game ( may as well) the problem is I rly dont want to spend 100 plat for a stupid dress,, it should be included, because we spend plat on lots of other stuff y should we b forced to spend 100 on a couple dresses!!

15. citadelrose

citadelrose Ogre Newling

Credit:
    well if I have to pay for my dress then I prob wont marry him,, it was enough to get the rings by myself while he was working. Im only lvl 42 these baddies are lvl 50 ,, I died alot on the burnt ones lol... too much if I would have realized the dresses were gonna be 100 plat I probably wouldnt have put 2 hours + into the ring getting.

16. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Oh, dude! You are so cute, lol.

17. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    No more *** things here.. please ^^

18. q

q Exiled Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well It's not like I haven't seen it before, from people online dating for kicks, and I once met a guy that was dead serious about being in love with someone he met online. When people are alone and desperate in life turn to the internet, they sometimes wind up thinking their in love. It's rarely real, but there's always some people out there where it is. Personally I think it puts a damper on games where the point is to play with random people, kill stuff, and explore. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.