1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Enchantments/runes in AQ3D a good idea?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by LFox, Feb 26, 2019.

1. LFox

LFox Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I have an idea to make character builds more unique when it comes to fighting/pvp. What if you had enhancements/runes you could add to weapons that could have cool effects? Like maybe one enhancement would give a weapon a small chance of giving a player/npc it hits with a burning effect so they take damage over time for example. Adding an enhancement would cost gold and you would be able to remove an enchantment with gold so you could transfer it to a new weapon if you need to as well.

Basically more customization without getting in the way of the devs vision for the class system.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That seems like a cool idea. But I also think they should do something like with elements like in the original AQ game. Some weps are high certain elements and are better against weps of the other elements. I can't quite remember how it worked but I think they could easily implement it via enhancements.

3. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    1 Can't be bought by Dragon Crystal
    2 RNG based

As long as those 2 rules are applied it's fine for me, but without RNG we may lose the uniqueness of it, so rules number 2 is a kind of optional

4. RNG-based PvP isn't really fun. Some RNG is nice, but PvP should really depend on skill/teamwork rather than randomness. I just don't think enhancements/runes in the way you envision would make much of a PvP difference, but maybe if enhancements were similar to AQWorlds where you can create builds towards your gear (Spellbreaker, Thief, etc.); the problem with that is people tend to go for the same build rather than each person creating their own unique build.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't support PvP that relies heavily on RNG even though there is some RNG on it already because this is MMORPG PvP we are talking about here.

6. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Without RNG you will fight mostly with same build, same equipment, same class, and same cross skill...

I pointed the RNG for the enchantment thing like rune that increase your attack randomly 1-50 or maybe RNG for the success rate to enchant your equipment with rune, etc