1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

EVE is getting aweful, no balance anymore

Discussion in 'Eve Online' started by CockTail, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CockTail

CockTail Ogre Newling

Credit:
    There is no place for a person in EVE unless there going to destroy other players. PERIOD!

Null sec its free for all pvp, low sec your going to run into that like to glow red, there going to shoot you.

Now high sec space, CCP has taken away everything from the people that don't pvp. You can't be a miner, they will suicide gank you for their fun.

You can't be a transport, because 90% of the transport contracts are scams that CCP allows. Or you just get scanned and ganked.

You now can't mission run in peace, players can scan you down and either gank you or steal your stuff, or ruin your mission.

You can't do complexes, any of them you goto anymore are now farmed by a army of afk alts, useing drone boats that set out the sentrys out of range of npcs.

Be prepaired for what chat looks like in EVE, they can and will say ANYTHING to get you to fire on them for PVP. It can be racist to sexual in nature, and pitition it all you want, CCP dose nothing about it. My most recent one was watching local a guy talking about japan and the sunami, saying god laughs when japs die, only good jap is a dead one, etc. to a japanese player. CCP did nothing with the pititions on it.

You cannot have a fair fight in eve, anywhere, and even if your only fighting one person, flagged to only one person, he will have friends, or alts comeing to remote repair him without fear. Better pay for at least 2 accounts, at least another for remote repairing. But always count on the other guy haveing more accounts.

A heavily favored one is, your corp getting a war dec from a 1 man corp, well that one man is a alt, and when they feel like, or see you in a easy kill state, they join up the corp, kill you, quit, so no one can come after them with out being concorded.

CCP favors, conflict, bullying, harassment, scamming, lieing, cheating, theifing, etc. Shows us what kind of company it is.

Remember, this game is owned by CCP, played by CCP employees, we are the realistic NPCS for them, nothing more. We play their game.

2. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    :(There should be some type of censor in any MMO.

3. StriFey

StriFey BamBam

Credit:
    There is enough censorship in the chat :) And what the OP says is hardly true, that it happened to him, doesn't mean it happens to others. When I play Eve I always can do Mission Runs, Mine, Explore and I stay out of low sec or null sec until I'm atleast 30 mil SP. Ofcourse u always have people that think that they're so tough only cause they have f.e. 60 mil SP and gank lowbies, but that says more about their playstyle then the lowbie. People that have 60 mil SP doesn't mean they're pro ;) And there are enough high SP players out there that even help lowbies :)

4. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Most MMOs I believe should have the option to turn the censor on and off. I usually keep mine off. But even then. some games will still censor sites.

5. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I never played EVE but I just have a question: Are the people from the Something Awful forums still dominant there? Their clan/guild is typically called the Goons...

They have managed to ruin multiple games for me :-/

6. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't think they would allow a single guild to ruin the game. Doesn't Eve have a player run government to stick up for other players?

7. Webber

Credit:
    Has the balance problem been fixed? Eve seems to still be thriving to me :D

8. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    EVE is all about corporations and massive corporate drama nowadays. As my friend Nelson says, "EVE drama is the best drama."

I still recall all the hilarity that came out of the BoB vs. Goonfleet galactic war. EVE Online generates an entire new type of community, where espionage, social sabotage, and even backstabbing takes on an entire new meaning. :)

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  10. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Eve Online lost:p.

11. Webber

Credit:
    Does it have drama like Jersey Shore drama? :p