1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Eve Online review

Discussion in 'Eve Online' started by Mr Cynic, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Cynic

Mr Cynic BamBam

Credit:
  2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You rated it a one, because the text only goes up to
    Twelve Points?

3. Mr Cynic

Mr Cynic BamBam

Credit:
    No, I rated it as zero, and decided that was being petty so gave Eve Online a deserved rating of 1.

Yes, only to 12 points.

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The only reason that you would really give the best Scifi MMO a 1 or 0 is that you are terrible at the game or you hate somebody on staff.

5. Mr Cynic

Mr Cynic BamBam

Credit:
    Nope. The reason is it is true, and no-one is terrible in Eve, you play the game as you want to play it. And you have to know someone to hate them, and I know no-one on the dev team.

6. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    No, the reason he rated it 1 was because of problems with the interface. Which is a bit silly if you ask me. Graphics aren't everything, and the game isn't unplayable, so you can't rate it a 1 just because the text isn't legible in a high resolution. I doubt it would work, but have you tried adjusting your DPI? And have you looked all over the settings and asked people on its forums?

Also, EVE Online is a pretty amazing game, so you should at least give it points for its gameplay and graphics, not just whether you can't live without a high resolution.

7. Mr Cynic

Mr Cynic BamBam

Credit:
    I can give Eve any rating I want. The graphics are good, the UI isn't. The font is far to small for high resolution, and the Eve forum is full of people who think the same.

8. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Don't you think it's unfair at all to rate a game 1 just for problems with the UI?

9. Mr Cynic

Mr Cynic BamBam

Credit:
    No. The UI is the most important part of the game as its the thing we all look at when we are playing the game.

10. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Why 1? This game looks great and I love the way on how to get players attention to play this game ^^ The banners theme is quite different from the game itself. lol

11. Mr Cynic

Mr Cynic BamBam

Credit:
    The game has a flaw that should have been foreseen when it was originally designed. I have since been informed by the head of the dev team that they are aware of this flaw, and it is on their to do list.

12. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Hmmm... It's hard to understand what's in the devs mind but for me the great advertisement is that the reality behind the image... Anyway... It's just my opinion.. Congratulations to EVE ^^.. Great job..

13. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't agree with a 1 either. You probably could not tell me a better scifi MMO than Eve Online:D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.