1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ever got scammed by a hobo

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ugmsrocks09, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I know for a fact I DID. One day when I was at a band fieldtrip, I went to walgreens with a group of classmates to buy snacks and found a hobo outside of the store. He was holding an umbrella and was asking for money. I gave him 5 dollars, since im that typical type of dude. And later found him walking to his Accord 2015. I was in the bus when I found out and decided to never give hobos with umbrellas money anymore. :(

Q_Q and AndySoccer like this.
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Nope, and I probably wouldn't offer a hobo any money because they usually end up making bad choices instead of using the money for better decisions. If I was really generous, I would get to know the person before offering anything just to be safe.

!MiDN1GHT likes this.
  3. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Very smart decision my good mate

4. !MiDN1GHT

!MiDN1GHT Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'd do the same

5. Zerozerozero

Zerozerozero Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Nope, if they ever scammed me I won't even notice it cause they're pro at it

6. Q_Q

Q_Q Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Im laughing at this story lol. Just donate to the ones that actually hold up a sign and looks like they really need it

7. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    no and where i live people say you shouldn't because the 'homeless' actually have a place to stay

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I see people from time to time that just hang out on the intersection begging for things all the time. If there's any advice you could give them, maybe just give them directions to a food bank or directions to a location that is looking to hire someone (rather than giving them money or food). There's really no point for anyone to beg for things, because life is quite sustainable, especially in a developed country. Personally, I think it's a huge waste of time standing outside all day begging for things, because it's harder to earn a living doing that compared to working (or even something as simple as livestreaming and receiving donations).

9. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I will only give to someone with a animal mostly it’s a dog ofc an tbh I don’t give money I actually buy them food an the dog food instead as they’re always outside a supermarket here an I would rather buy them food n drink then spend it on alcohol or drugs.

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They probably shouldn't be pet owners then. It takes a lot of responsibility to take care of a pet, and if someone cannot take care of themselves, then I don't see why they would need a pet at all. I just don't envision a pet owner to be a "hobo" at all, unless they just live in a country with a lot of stray dogs roaming the street (but those people aren't really pet owners). And I wouldn't consider feeding stray dogs just because there's a population problem where there are more dogs than people willing to take care of them; and if you keep feeding them, their population is going to grow more.