1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Evolution, A free MMOG running in Firefox

Discussion in 'Lists and Directory' started by oropher, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oropher

oropher Club Swinger The Pit

Credit:
    I tried to add it directly in the website, in the add game section, but once submitted, i could not find it in the listing. So rather than taking the risk to submit it twice, I can talk about it here.

[​IMG]

Evolution is a browser based MMOG, running best in Firefox. (it works in IE, but you won't get to install the greasemonkey possible scripts that helps you managing the game) The game is set in a futuristic universe, in which you build armies of fantastic creatures that you then send into space, battling against other players. You can also join alliances. It has a great forum and a buzzing community of players (800+ at the moment, and growing). The game has a Firefox toolbar which will allow you to follow what's in the game without login in in. The game is free to play, free to donate. There is no premium, and I have been playing it 4 years now. It is kinda addictive... (the community more than the game itself).
    Join the battle! Join Evo now. Welcome Home.

evolution :: Community

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Is there anything else you can tell use about the game?

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Thanks Oropher. It has now been approved and is in the directory.

4. oropher

Credit:
    You own a continent on a planet. Each planet can host up to 18 continents. You must do a lot of R&D, develop your continent by allocating lands to ressources, build static defenses and critters. You load those critters into fleets and send them to attack other continents. The goal is to do some landgrabbing and critters killing. It is recommended to play within an alliance to increase your chance of success.
    The game is based on a ticker, every hour, a tick passes, and things move. Therefore, you can hope to get your full night of sleep, or go to work without too much worries.

The game is fun, you get attached to your critters, but this is not only game related, we talk about many things. Music, movies, games, politics, news, personal stories or thoughts..

New players are welcome. The community will be reactivating a training alliance if we see that there are a lot of new players coming. This game has been on for many rounds, each round is slightly different as the dev team brings modification to the game.

What else really ? it's fun. it's addictive. it is a war game, you can make good friends. You only need a web browser to play it.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Great thanks for the info.

6. kimlenon

kimlenon Brute

Credit:
    this sounds cool, might try it but for now im busy levelling my shadow walker at neosteam wahaha! :D

7. oropher

Credit:
    Well, this is not at all the same kind of games... But both can be played at the same time. Remember the game is based on an hourly ticker, fleets can takes up to 13 hours to reach their destination (faster one, 8 hours), which leave you all the time you want in between to do what ever you want (sleep, go to work or school, play other games..)

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Is it just me or is this game kinda difficult.

9. oropher

Credit:
    Well, it is not that difficult. It is only different from what you expected. You have "help" at the top of all page, which explains what you can do on the page.
    The menu used to be on the side, but the new admin put it at the top now.
    At the beginning, you don't have to worry too much. Just know that you need to do some research and development, and to allocate lands to get more resources.

10. alistaly

alistaly Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I played it just few days ago and it was not bad and it wasn't to difficult but i think did have some trouble starting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.