1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Living Avatars' started by chrizzy, Mar 24, 2012.

1. chrizzy

chrizzy BamBam

Credit:
    I first tried to do an upgrade, but got the error, so I tried to do a fresh install and still got the error. Yes, I dropped the tables and deleted the file before trying to do the fresh install.

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_array() on a non-object in living_avatars/ includes/ mysql. php on line 239
    I have vB version 3.8.

Had to shorten and add spaces as I don't have more than 5 posts and thought it was a link.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  2. confuser

confuser Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    The latest release (1.2.3) only supports vb 4, not vb 3.

3. chrizzy

chrizzy BamBam

Credit:
    OK, because I didn't see that stated anywhere in the Download 1.2.3 post. So for 3.8 the latest to use is 1.2.0?

4. confuser

Credit:
    1.2.2 should work with vb 3.8 as the main database changes were in 1.2.3. There is only one new feature so far which is the Preview feature.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  5. chrizzy

chrizzy BamBam

Credit:
    With the change log, it seems like the 4.0 started in 1.2.1 If I install 1.2.2, what are the install issues not fixed until 1.2.3?

Also, the packs at livingavatars . com can't be unzipped. Is there a new place for them?

Sorry, just trying to get this squared away. Made major changes on my forum, and fixes are just a nightmare.

6. confuser

Credit:
    Regarding the avatar packs, it appears when the site was moved to a different host, the packs were not transferred. I am uploading them now so it should be fixed in about an hour (slow upload speed here atm).

I'm afraid I can't remember the exact fix, it was a long time ago now. But if you just overwrite your current files from 1.2.2 you wont need to upgrade or reinstall so whatever the issue was shouldn't effect you.

7. chrizzy

chrizzy BamBam

Credit:
    Yes, I overwrote all of the files (except the packs and avatars) and everything works great even the preview.

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Is this matter resolved now?

Yes, the server change was more trouble than it was worth:).

9. Syntria

Syntria Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Eek. Hope you figured it out. D: