1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Faults

Discussion in 'Eve Online' started by Schutzenpanzer, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schutzenpanzer

Schutzenpanzer Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Where to start, costomer support, there slow and unhelpful, even if you find something in the EULA to support your complaint, (the EULA is written up carefully, it has a oposite to everything it has in it) the game master will find something against it in the EULA, only if he chooses to. Never count on the EULA. Its the game masters choice.

They promote lies and scams, they had a compitition of who had the most epic theft of a corperation wallet and stuff.
    Half the contracts are someone trying to scam you out of your isk.

You cannot have anything nice that would make people jelious of. You cannot avoid PVP unless you stay docked and do nothing. You cannot do mining without someone stealing your ore. You cannot mission run as now you can be probed out and your stuff stolen or your ship gets ganked. You cannot have a nice ship with nice mods because people will suicide kill your ship anywhere unless you stay docked and do nothing.

You cannot travel with anything worth anything, there are farmers that sit at gates that scan your ship, if they can make a profit they will suicide gank your ship in any space.

Eve also does nothing about hackers, if you get hacked, you lost everthing, if your toon gets sold on forums, you lost your toon, CCP support will do nothing.

Eve makes there game money worth real money by letting people sell game time cards that was bought with real money, be sold for game money. Promoteing illegal commercial game money sellers by giveing game money (isk) real money value. On top of that it makes people get more than one account to farm, stopping anyone else from enjoying a plex or ded space.
    you will not find a place to enjoy, someone will be there with 2 to 10 accounts farming it 12 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week paying for their accounts.

Only time CCP will lift a finger is when 1000s of pititions are sent in. Like when the CCP developer was caught cheating, it took 1000s of pititions to stop him. CCP wanted to let it go. CCP got 1000s of pititions about a commercial isk farmer, farming a plex 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for over a year. Even when the web site was found where you could only find the items in numbers that the farmer controlled, CCP did nothing till the pititions started pouring in.

My opinion unless your a scamming person, a theif, isk seller, mutiple account farmers, EVE isnt for you.

2. Dradien

Dradien BamBam

Credit:
    I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I can tell you flat out that Eve Online has the highest learning curve of any MMO in history to date. It is not only hard to master the intriguicies, but as a whole it is a game based on the concept that the world is unforgiving. It is not a game that a new play and run around solo in and expect to find anything but the wrong end of a pirates lasers. However, I would like to maybe expand on a couple points you made, outside of the fact that things can (and will) go wrong, from someone who has had a pretty successful long haul in New Eden.

Customer Support uses a ticket system that is fairly slow. However, unlike really any game I know, did you know they have a Customer Support channel in-game? That's right! A channel you just jump into and will be manned by a couple (most of the time 2-3) ISO members to help you out with issues and even direct your tickets to places they need to be.

As far as getting killed, you can very easily be out and about with relative safety. Notice I say relative. Unlike other more gamer friendly games, in EvE you can always be attacked, the one real deterrent is the fact that most of the time it isn't worth it to do so. The suicide bombing you mention costs a lot of money to do, and your average newbie doens't have anything worth doing it for. Take some time to learn the "Sec" of each system and stay in "Empire" space, where atleast you'll know that the guns of the space police will be on your side. Also, while there are a couple of nasty tricks to get new players in EvE, there really only are a couple. Learn those and you'll soon realize they are very easy to avoid and really only pray on people who don't know about them.

As far as the PLEX system which you mentioned, most players widly accept it because it has not only improved the economy as a whole, but it has caused the REAL scammer/macroers/sellers to get pushed out of the market. Also, if you follow EVE news at all, you'll see a ton of articles on how they do mass bans of macroers to ensure the economy is stable. Most people like the ability to play EVE for free as long as they are playing well. As always, however, if you don't like it, you don't have to participate and can just sub as normal.

Just some thigns to think about. EVE really isn't designed for someone to walk in from a standard "hotbar" based MMO and do well. You have to learn to ropes and walk in a new style to find your swagger out in the stars.

Hope this helps, if not you than someone else. :)

3. Schutzenpanzer

Schutzenpanzer Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I was a eve player sence 05, i know what im talking about, and when i mean something nice is like a navy mega with at least a bil worth of mods.

A buddie near dodixie was mission running in a navy raven with faction mods, got scanned down and ganked in his mission by 4 other BSs. That was in empire space. thats bull, mission running was one thing you could do to avoid the idiots.

and in any .5 space your gonna see campers at gates scanning ships, back then they use to be only around jita, now there everywhere you go.

I beleave my email was compromised, but im unsure, both my eve and wow account got hacked while i took a year long break from both. CCP said tough luck, your not getting anything back, my main toon was sold on forums. blizzard seen my account was accessed by someone other than me and suspended it to save my account.

look for yourself on the scammers, play for 5 hours and you will at least see 10 of them in local. if you look on contracts there everywhere.

if your empire, you have to solo, if not, you will get a war dec from someone. and if your in a corp, someone they think is trustworthy isnt, takes everything from the corp, ive seen that happen 100s of times.

sure. try out eve, wait 3 to 6 months when your toon is worth something, and you will see everything i have said.

4. idontnou

idontnou BamBam

Credit:
    I have never had a bad customer support experience with them, the only thing i can see at fault in the game which isnt really a fault but a preference. The back stabbing, i mean you can literally be kool with a little clan/guild and the highest member(Members)could be looking to stick it to everyone. thats a little harsh in my book considering plex cost real life bread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.