1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Flaming Club of Doom

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    :) Yes, I had fun with the title. However, this topic is not too fun. Other members do not need to call each other spammers or worry about why they are posting etc. Yes, there is always a few who have to brag about posting for points.

If you encounter these, please let me or a mod know and we will handle it. Starting a flame war over it doesn't help anything and will be dealt with. In some cases, the club will be involved.

If the club is not involved, points could be deducted instead. Just like nobody has the right to use multiple accounts, nobody has the right to flame either.

For example, I just had to ban somebody from chat for a while because they were just venting in chat without actually responding to my questions. A PM was used to calm the matter down:). Please take note of this before bursting in chat with a problem.

Ok, here is a list of what needs to be avoided. Please use this thread as a reference.

1. Do not call other members spammers or flame them in anyway.
    2. Do not use names in chat or posts in a negative way. This may be called shaming.
    3. Do not make multiple accounts for any reason.
    4. Do not transfer your points at all without a good reason.
    5. Do not complain in chat at all. If you have a problem, PM myself or one of the staff here.
    6. Do not confront other members in Events. Events should be for reporting your points only.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Basti, Gadderadb11 and VJMaxZero like this.
  2. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Phew! Hope all will follow. Noted :)

3. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'll keep it on my mind :)

4. Za Ka Ri

Za Ka Ri DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Ohhh, I see. Got it sir.

5. Seijuru_123

Seijuru_123 Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
  6. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Okay ogreman , noted :)

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This also goes for mods as well. A mod that flames or fights with other mods constantly will not stay a mod. The mods should get along as much as possible:). May even have a thread for just them in the AQ3D forum.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, added one:

6. Do not confront other members in Events. Events should be for reporting your points only.

If you think somebody is doing something and you can prove it, send me a PM. However, the worst thing to do is to mention it in the thread because they will respond and then it will be an argument at the very least.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, when I say something I definitely mean it. Not going to name names or answer questions about it, but had to club a multiple account user tonight that I caught red handed in two different ways. Even gave the user the chance to stay on the one account with a big point drop. Instead of taking the offer and accepting the punishment, they continued to deny it so they are now gone completely. Please learn from this and don't do it:).

10. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    GONE!!! OMFG!!! Rest in Peace :)...

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    May need to start charging a one time point penalty for multiple accounts whether they are used much or not. Of course, those extra accounts will be closed as well. If the person with the multiple account(s) can just take the penalty without complaining about their points and stop making accounts, they can stay. If not, it will be similar to what we had yesterday, which is not fun. Of course, we got a "warm and fuzzy" message on Facebook not too long after that lol.

The moral of the story? Please do not make multiple accounts. If you do, own up to it and take the penalty so you can stay and participate:).

12. Bola_bola

Bola_bola Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    how do we know as part of the community that the person is using multiple accounts? o_Oo_O

13. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    In general as a community we don't, but the people doing it know and when ogre finds out they get punished. As long as you're not breaking the multi account rule, you don't need to worry about it.

ogreman likes this.
  14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, this thread was definitely needed. As a result of last week, I am checking for multiple accounts every time somebody asks for a Rixty Card. Even have used the 5000 point tax once already. However, even I was shocked by one of the requests this weekend. This, user has at least a dirty dozen multiple accounts. I actually got tired of counting towards the end lol.

I guess when there are that many accounts by one user, we shouldn't even make a second chance offer like we did last week. If we did the penalty fee for each account, they would owe us points! Still, will look into it further before lowering the club for good.

In the meantime, please do not make any more accounts. It just wastes everybody's time.

15. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Okay Ogreman :) , Welp I'm kind .. I don't even have other account beside this one .

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, had to go ahead and ban all the 12 or 13 accounts because that's just too many. What was even funnier was the fact that he actually tried to get a second card (didn't get the first either) before I even responded lol.

17. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    That 12 - 13 account were his accounts?

18. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Just crazy. That a new record Ogre (at least in terms of not a bot)?

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, all his. Some were fairly active and some were barely used. Think I counted one Ogre Regular and 4 or 5 New Ogres.

Well, I wish it was lol. We once had a giveaway many years ago for an Outspark game where one guy had like 36 to 40 accounts just to get codes.

Aaddron likes this.
  20. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Oooo right, I think I remember that now that you mention Outspark. RIP Outspark too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.