1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Flaming Club of Doom

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, this thread is now stuck in the Support forum.

We had a big attack of point funneling today so this will be needed.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Had to delete some more transactions yesterday. If you have a legit reason for moving points the safest way to do it would be to contact me first. That way I know about it and won't club it when I see the transaction in the log:).

Also taking little steps to minimize a few things in the shop:

1. May use an Auction as the only way to buy repeat items for those that want to do that.
    2. Limiting multiple buys at once to only those active in the Event.
    3. May limit deals where the member is not that active at the time and is trying to buy something that takes all of their points especially on extra large buys like for 50,000 points.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Please do not stop all activity and then just lurk without doing anything else just to get an item. That is not being a part of the community.

Anybody who does this in the Event will now lose their Elite Ogre medal and be automatically disqualified from becoming an Iron Ogre in that Event. Also, could require members under 1000 posts to become Royal Ogres before they can buy something if they do this, especially if my PM about this is ignored.

Thankfully, the medals have helped this a lot:).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Been a while since this has been needed apparently lol. Well, had a real time waster recently.

To try to avoid any more of this going forward, wanted to clear something up second chances here:

1. We have given lots of second chances here.
    2. Some have done great things after getting a second chance.
    3. Flaming or giving away your points etc after getting a second chance (as in not being banned for already breaking a rule) will get you banned permanently. This includes multiple accounts.

That said, please treat the staff with respect here and try to be a part of the community and you will be treated as such:).

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    If you see me at night updating everything, please do not lurk until I give you a prize or a code. This along with overdoing PMs can be very aggravating and does nothing but take away from my already limited time these days. That said, doing this will at least delay when you receive what you are looking for. Thus, all you have to do is wait like everybody else and you will get it:).

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Just found somebody using bad words for user names and then following members over the past two days. Besides clubbing those guilty, should have fixed the problem from happening further, but let us know via PM if you see somebody else trying something similar so we can deal with it:).

DarkPhoenix777 and Xctroy like this.
  8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Still dealing with this as this person as he/she does not to want to quit. Saying that because just did it tonight and this been going on for getting close to a month. Whoever is doing it is either really mad at the forum or just has way too my time on their hands. Looking like a bit of both at this point.

Every bad name can think of and even substitutions are banned from using for registering now. In fact, that would almost be a postive if they would just stop. Next tried to require email confirmation and that seem to work for a little while but now that has been circumvented somehow unless they are actually making email accounts to continue this stupid harassment!

That said, going to do the one thing he/she will not beat: the Ogre's club:). For now, all new registrations will need to be approved by yours truly before they can join the forum. This actually may turn into a positive because we have never done it that way before and wanting to focus more on the community-minded members (no more one-and-dones) anyway. At least the ones who make it through should appreciate it more:).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Aaddron and Xctroy like this.
  9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, see why the email requirement did not work to stop this now. They were using disposable emails! If nothing else, am learning from this experience:).

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Smarting off in a PM with something like "If you are angry, I would like to receive the chest code and the soul code for 500 point" when I am trying to complete my daily rounds, will get you clubbed on the spot!

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    OK, just had an incident in forum games that will not be repeated. Do NOT comment in forum games trying to take credit for something or, even worse, question a decision that had to be made right there in that thread. Have wasted an hour dealing with this so next time (if there is a next time) will likely be dealt with a quick clubbing.

Also, do not post in Giveaways again after getting a code for any reason including saying a code didn't work to get another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.