1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Frostvale Foreshadow

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    If anyone remembers back in 2016 during the Frostval event, there was a cutscene from Blizzy where Blizzy announced that he and the Frost Moglins will build a town called Frostvale, after the hero warded off the Yettun. It's already been a year and we haven't seen Frostvale yet, so maybe we'll get to see it in 2018. I like to think of the construction of Frostvale as a work-in-progress, but I feel like it'll eventually arrive later on in December of this year considering that the town was even mentioned.

What do you think of the town of Frostvale? Do you think it'll arrive in 2018? What do you anticipate to see for the town, if it's actually planned?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I guess it would look similar compared to AQW's version of Frostvale, but with one more dimension and it will turn out to be pretty good looking if that's the case. I can see it being full of Moglin Huts where those Frost Moglins live. I really want see that other moglin village from AQ which is called Rugglum where Twilly was born and raised in.

3. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    hope we get to have the frostmoglin on your back back item as well! that was my favorite frostval item :)

4. Snowy

Credit:
    Might not be too simple to be added in the game. I mean, they could do it since they've already created Blizzy, but I fear it would cause a lot of performance issues due to animations and too many polygons; hence, the reason why items such as Fiery Wings aren't released in-game. I mean, it could be possible in the future, but it's unforeseeable.

5. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I highly doubt it. Most staff just use things like this as an excuse.
    If AE can fit 100 players in a room and have them attacking enemies while spamming chat with barely any lag/performance issues then something as simple as a moglin on your back would obviously be no problem. They just didn't make something like that because of the model not being made for it.
    If anyone ever expects AE to create pets, and have huge raids with super-bosses, then you have to realize that most of these simple things they say they "can't" do are just a mere excuse. If it wasn't then I wouldn't have high expectations from a company that says dual-wielding would cause too much lag but promises pets and massive raids.

6. Snowy

Credit:
    While the AQ3D team can fit 100 players in a room, it is important to think about features that will be added that may cause performance issues. For instance, if pets were added, then the game would have a little more performance issue. Also got to keep in mind of monsters fighting in combat in the game, such as Darkovia which had some lag.

I can see the team doing Frostvale, I don't really see a Frost Moglin on your Back happening considering the stuff I mentioned above. It would be cool to see it happen though.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We kinda have something like that, but instead it being a back item it's a head item: Crown of Twigs which has an animated Dricken on it. I can see something like this happening as a back item, but it could potentially bring some performance issues, if it has a lot of animation attached to it.

8. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I was really hoping to swe the town in 3d this 2017 but ehh devs had no time maybe this 2018 hopefully

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    we need it. i don't feel like frostval is a christmas party

(interesting how some religions don't celebrate the gift-giving and santa and elves part of christmas. please tell me they don't ignore christmas movies)

10. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Ehh, it doesnt even need to be animated for all i care... lol

11. Snowy

Credit:
    Well, they did have the time to create a map for the Frostlorn and release new content this year, though it wasn't Frostvale. It could be that they haven't made certain game assets yet for Frostvale or the project would have been too big for them. I do hope to see Frostvale next year though.

Frostval (the holiday) is sort of Christmas in a way, but really its own thing as well.

Animation is what adds life to a game. It'd be weird to carry a "dead" Frost Moglin on your back.

12. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Agree its indeed weird if theres a moglin on your back not even moving or anything

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It would be strange to have someone just carrying a "dead" Frost Moglin, i mean it should move at least a bit and not too much.

14. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Not sure what to expect but a snowball fight minigame would be cool with forts to shield ourselves.