1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Game with a significant Building aspect?

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by BinaryMan, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BinaryMan

BinaryMan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite online game is Mankind (not Face of Mankind), a fairly small MMO with some bugs and gameplay issues. I am looking for something similar (but better developed), mainly involving the sci-fi genre, resource gathering/construction/logistics/trading/exploration and city/planet building. I tend to prefer cooperative play rather than PvP environments, or at least some areas where someone can't randomly come along and destroy my assets. Prefer real-time over turn-based games, but will try turn-based as some can be quite complex and fun. Am willing to pay a monthly fee for a good game. Generally not interested in the Fantasy Genre (I already play DnD with friends on the weekends), rather Sci-Fi or modern simulation.

* Have played EVE Online, and enjoy its complexity, but get tired of grinding and having my assets destroyed by other players.
    * Have seen at least one sim/building MMO in the past but I can't find it now (it may have closed), don't remember its name. It's not related to SimCity or XL Cities.

Perhaps other games where a non-combat role is playable might work.

2. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    RuneScape has a lot of non-combat skills. Guild Wars/WoW is probably best for Co-op Play. I think in Never Winter Nights you can make your own game area, so that might be what your looking for.

3. skythorn

skythorn Little Spike

Credit:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
  4. alistaly

alistaly Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Have you tyred EVE online or Beyond Protocol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.