1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

GameOgre Forum Intro Contest

Discussion in 'Gamer Creations' started by ogreman, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  2. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    INTRO
    =====
    Hello my name is Vocal,Im a new graphic designer and console gamer.
    Im respectably nice to people with some humor.
    =====
    WHAT I CAN DO
    ============
    I will help any users that have a question or problem.
    Of course i can host events if needed too.
    Im active and if im not im usually playing a game,hanging out,graphic designing,school work related stuff or just on vacation.
    If ogreman ever need assistance on graphic designs,i would try my best most of the time
    Unfortunately i dont play mmos at the moment so i cant really participate in mmos event.Time will tell if im ever gonna try playing mmo again.
    I can be friends with anybody or at least be neutral to him/her.
    I could be a little "trolly" but please take that as just trying some "fun"
    ============
    CURRENT ROLE
    ============
    my current role as of 2011 is the moderator of the gamer creation forum and Manga forum.I also moderate the blog.Like any good person,
    i delete all those bad spamming bots!
    I edit/move/delete comments or thread that don't belong to my beloved forum section.
    ============
    GOAL
    ============
    Get 10k or more post

So as you can see users of GO,
    Im nothing but nice,can you see?
    I can be mean,but dont worry im like a helpful vaccine!
    Be nice to others and i'll act like a cute little mice.
    I'll try my best,as that my quest!

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Points on the way:). However, we are looking for an intro for new members to the forum about GameOgre, not just one member.

You can use what you wrote as your Mod Intro:).

4. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
  5. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:

So, you've found us? Well, it was bound to happen! After all, we ARE the coolest, most awesome MMO portal site ever, complete with a blog, a huge directory of games and reviews for them, contests with awesome prizes, a devoted administrator and a few dedicated moderators, and an awesome forum. We even have a couple small MMORPGs of our own.

As a new user around here, you may be wondering..."What is there to do around here? I've had a look around, and everything looks pretty cool. But I haven't seen everything, and some guidance and tips would be awesome!". Well, that's what I'm here for! In this writing, I'll try to show you around and introduce you here to GO! So...let's get going!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Review Directory
    First, I'll be telling you about our review directory. Filled with all the hotest, newest games along with all the oldies that you know and love, the review directory is sure to have a game that you will enjoy! The toolbar on the left has a wide variety of categories to explore.

How you can help: If you've played any games on there, I encourage you to leave a rating and review on that games page, so you can help other users find out if they will enjoy the game! If you know of a game not in the directory, you can add it! (Note that all entries are double checked by the admin, ogreman, before being approved!)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The Blog
    The main site of GameOgre also has a brilliant blog, with multiple writers. There are a few different regular columns and you can check the blog for information on any current giveaways or events going on. There are also plenty of reviews and other good things to read on there. I recommend you stop by some time!

How you can help: If you really want to help out with the blog, you will have to contact ogreman directly via PM and talk to him about it.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The Forums
    The forums, my favorite part of GO, are awesome. The people there are lovely, and you're sure to fit in! There are many different forums you can participate in:

-MMO Requests: Ask for a certain type of game here if you can't find what you want in the review directory. Also, you can help others find the game of their dreams!

-Contests and Giveaways: Take part in events sponsered by many different gaming companies here! You can get free beta keys and such a lot here if you look around!

-Other general forums: There are also some self-explanatory forums such as Free MMORPG and Browser Games.

-Game Lairs: Games becoming popular among GO users will get their own forum, known as a lair. Sometimes they even have a site sponsered trivia thread!

The many forums allow you to find a section/sections that you really enjoy and find a plethora of like-minded people.

Participating in the forums and being an active, helpful member of GO will earn you forum points. These forum points can be redeemed for rewards such as game cards, title changes, and other prizes. Please keep in mind that these prizes are paid for directly by the site admin, ogreman. Participating in the forums should be done for the fun and enjoyment of the forums themselves. Trying to just get as many points as possible will make people angry at you.

Anyways, go try it out now, and make an introduction thread in the Introductions forum. Just click the New Thread button here!

After you have 5 posts, a chatbox will appear on the main forums page, and you can speak with myself, the resident CHAT MONSTER! (Rawr.) or many other people who like to hang out and talk.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Other forms of entertainment.

There are also a few games here at GO that you can play! Whatdya know, a MMO portal with its own MMOs! I think this just goes to prove that we know our games.

First, there is Ogre Wars. This is a conquest/city based multiplayer game. This is thoroughly documented in the forums and the help page in game, so, as they say, don't fix something that's not broken! You can look at the OgreWars forum section or "How to Play Guide" in the game for more info.

Secondly, there is Triple Triad. The game is originally from the Final Fantasy series, and is a collectable card game. Fight other forumites or play the computer for some rewards! Cards are bought with Ogre Coins, earned as you post, and are seperate from Forum Points used for rewards. As with Ogre Wars, a full description of the game can be found in the Help section at the game pages.

Third, the Arcade. There are all sorts of small flash games you can play and get on the high scores here. Try to become the Arcade King!

There are also a couple games in development, "Ogre RPG" and "OgreMUD", that you can check out around the forums as well.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Well, I suppose you know all the basics you need to know now! I'm sure you'll have a great time here at GO! Just please, try to be an active, helpful member. Nobody likes a grumpy Ogre! Also, enjoy your stay and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  6. Rageaholic

Rageaholic Epic Llama Farmer The Pit

Credit:
    Oh my dog. Very nice intro quinn!

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  8. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    LOL
    so fast xD

but thats a great intro good job quinn

i think there should be a link to forum points also in there,i can't see one if there is then its perfect xD

9. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    quinn owned with his intro, great job :)

10. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Brilliant, quinn, just brilliant

11. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
  12. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks everyone! It turns out I can write well if I actually care what I right about. If only I liked school!

13. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    what a fast event lol
    congrats quinn :)

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Knowing your subject well really helps when writing:).

15. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Congrats to Quinn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.