1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Giveaways and New Members Paused For Now

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, this has been getting out of hand for the past two months and its going to stop. Spending way too much to time responding to new or part time members who do not even read what I write. Have another who is basically cyberstalking, who is likely another member who did not get their way. Having to deal with this during a pandemic makes it even worse.

Please do not PM me from now on unless it is urgent, especially on the weekend.

Those who do not follow the rules and waste my time (like wanting something when doing my rounds or asking for codes everywhere) will be clubbed. Also, please do not contact me about banned members. If you really want to help them, get them to follow the rules so they are not clubbed:).

New members will not be allowed in for a while and the two AQ3D giveaways will be paused. To get the items for now, the shop will have to be used. When will they be unpaused? When some of the stuff stops for a while:).

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    xOwl and Ashley Eley like this.
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Things have calmed down since this was put in place so we are starting to consider to take new members again:).

However, we may be a little more restrictive on the Giveways when they are opened back up.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Received an email over the weekend asking about why they could do nothing as new members. This is why. Just didn't have time to delete the request yet.

That said, going to continue with this until at least the summer is over. Yes, the pandemic is a part of it because have very little time these days especially for dealing with new members.

May start doing limited runs where we accept new members for a certain period of time and then close it back down when that period ends. In fact, that is what we will probably do whenever we open it back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.