1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Grab Bag No. 3 - Armor Sets!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Aaddron, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Note:If you can't see the images in any of the post on this thread please PM me by clicking here.

This issue of the Grab Bag features high level armor sets along with a few other useful tidbits. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    Q. I have spent three points in a Mastery path, but have not received the first Mastery ability. The bars have reached the ability, but there
    is nothing in my spellbook. Am I doing something wrong?

A. Reaching the ability on the bar unlocks the ability to be purchased. From there, you must spend another point to purchase the ability. You can do this by clicking on the ability to highlight it, then clicking the train button. When you do this, it should spend a point and the ability will appear in your ability book.

Q. Do things outside of normal experience gain contribute to our guild levels, such as achievements through Tome unlocks (although I'd assume those would be personal achievements)? Or renown ranks (I'm assuming those also contribute to guild levels)?

A. In last week’s Grab Bag, I mistakenly stated that guilds will get experience from anything that a player gets it from. This was incorrect. Experience contributions come only from killing creatures and killing other players. So, things like tome unlocks and quest completions do not contribute to guild experience. I’m very sorry for the confusion, and have edited the original reply to reflect this.

Q. I read in the Prima Guide that the 19 armor sets all have a hidden "grade" rating that effects damage in dungeons. My question is: Does any of the other armor (not part of these sets) have the "grade" effect?

I'm especially curious if the token purchasable armor sets available in the monarch castles will have a grade and further if this "grade" enhancement will affect all PVE encounters or just the four major dungeons and Capital City dungeons? For example, will they effect the King encounter and contested Capital City PQs, since they are somewhat Person vs. environment?

A. Grade is a number we have used internally to allow us to quickly gauge the relative strength of a set. It is not correlative to any exact value, and has no bearing on the game except as a shorthand to allow us to know which sets we're talking about. Grade does correlate with Wards, however, in that all sets of a specific Grade will share the same Ward. Grade 5 is Bloodlord/Annihilator, Grade 6 is Sentinel/Conqueror, Grade 7 is Darkpromise/Invader, Grade 8 is Warlord and Grade 9 is Sovereign.

The token-purchased armor sets do not exist anymore; tokens are no longer used as an in-game alternative currency.
    Read on for more information about armor sets!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    [​IMG]
    If you’re a healer and you want to make the most of earning Renown, heal those around you who seem to be doing the most damage. The system encourages grouping with and/or keeping the top killers alive, so if you do so, your healing Renown will flow!
    [​IMG]
    High Level Armor Sets - 101
    Did you know that there are a total of 19 sets of armor available for each career? These armor sets can be found throughout the Warhammer world, and at higher levels can be incredibly helpful (if not imperative) for certain encounters. For example, the highest end sets feature special resistances called Wards. On these high end sets, there are five pieces of armor which grant a 10% reduction in damage per piece when worn in specific endgame encounters, for a possible cumulative 50% reduction. With these set pieces, players can emerge victorious from what would otherwise be much more difficult battles. The five pieces of armor in these high end sets which feature the Wards are: chest, boots, gloves, helmet and shoulders. Please note: images are a random sampling of certain armor sets. All sets are available for all careers.

Sets will be listed in posts below:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Lesser Ward
    Bloodlord Armor Set
    Found in: Bastion Stair
    Requirements: Ranks: Ranks 37-39

Annihilator Armor Set
    Found in: Tier 4 RvR
    Requirements: Ranks: Ranks 35-39 and Renown Ranks 31-35

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Lesser Ward, which is required for City High Level Dungeons and Fortress encounters. There are five pieces of armor in each set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Greater Ward
    Sentinel Armor Set
    Found in: City High Level Dungeons
    Requirements: Rank 40

Conqueror Armor Set
    Found in: Fortresses
    Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 45-50

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Greater Ward, which is required for both the Lost Vale and the City Invasion PQs. The Sentinel and Conqueror sets also provide the effects of the Lesser Ward. There are six pieces of armor in each set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Superior Ward
    Darkpromise Armor Set
    Found in: Lost Vale
    Requirements: Rank 40

Invader Armor Set
    Found in: Invasion PQs
    Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 55-60

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Superior Ward, which is required for Sub-Boss PQs. The Darkpromise and Invader sets also provide the effects of the Lesser Ward and Greater Ward. There are six pieces of armor in each set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Excelsior Ward
    Warlord Armor Set
    Found in: Sub-Boss PQs (in cities while contested)
    Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 64-70

The Sub-Boss PQs are the only means of acquiring the Excelsior Ward which is required for the King Fights. The Excelsior Ward includes the effects of all previous armor sets. There are seven pieces of armor in this set.

[​IMG]

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Supreme Ward
    Sovereign Armor Set
    Found in: King Fight (in cities while contested)
    Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 73-80

The Sovereign armor set is the highest level armor set, and includes the wards from all previous sets. There are eight pieces of armor in this set.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.