1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Is Live

Discussion in 'Guild Wars' started by Aaddron, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    [​IMG]

We’re excited to announce that Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is now live! You can read the full release notes here.

“This has been a memorable year for ArenaNet and our Guild Wars 2 player community,” said Mike O’Brien, co-founder and president of ArenaNet. “We energized our fans in January with the announcement of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns as the first expansion to Guild Wars 2, and we’ve seen steady growth in our player base ever since. Our community is widely recognized as one of the best and friendliest in MMOs—many of our veteran players organized in starter zones to welcome new players the weekend we made the core Guild Wars 2 game free. We’re eager to see how our fast growing community continues to flourish, and we hope they’re eager to embrace where their Guild Wars 2 journey takes them next in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.”

We’ll see you in the game!

Source

2. Septera

Septera Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    Got the HoT today so will see how it goes.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yeah report back if you can, would definitely be interested to hear your opinion (positive or negative) on it so far.

4. Septera

Septera Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    Well I am only few masteries in so far but I was exploring the new maps and I must say its totally different experience with gliding and bouncing mushrooms.
    They really put an effort to zone design and gliding is really smooth :)
    Other then that I really must agree that method of obtaining masteries is quite tedious but at the same time I kinda like the feel of progression when you unlock stuff.
    I can see doing it for my main character but not sure will I do the same on my alts.
    I already said I dont like the idea of nerfing dungeons but ok I guess it had to be done.
    I am glad I got HoT because for a mmorpg that dont have subscription fee and one of the best pvp I ever seen I have to say its money well spent.
    Gona give it a week or two before I write a more detailed review on gameogre website.

Aaddron likes this.