1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Halo 5: Guardians is officially announced

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Thedarkboy, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just a couple of days ago, Bonnie Ross, general manager of 343 Industries, announced the upcoming game of the Halo franchise, called "Halo 5: Guardians". It is planned to be released to Xbox One in the fall of 2015. He stated in the announcement:

"I’m happy to reveal that “Halo 5: Guardians,†the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015. In the tradition of every “Halo†game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.

“Halo 5: Guardians†is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.†That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4†about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo†universe."

Check out the full announcement at: The Halo Journey

2. xxperasrelexx

xxperasrelexx Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I saw the anoucment its just for xbox one :(

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Of course, Halo has always moved onto the next console. Halo 1 & 2 on Xbox but once the 360 came out Halo 3 was 360 only. Halo is a system seller game for Microsoft, which means it will always be on new hardware to hopefully get people to buy said new hardware. It's annoying for 360 owners but at least Halo will be the best game it can be. 360 owners will have something to look forward too when they finally upgrade ^^

4. Wink

Wink Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I have only pc i cant play...:(:(:(:(:(

5. Weljash

Weljash DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I have a dream! That one day PS and PC players will be able to play Halo!!!

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    The only way it'll ever be on Playstation is if Microsoft kills Xbox. D:

7. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Well, there is always hope lol. :) I'll watch the game on youtube since I can't play it. But I already know it'll be good.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Halo 4 was handled pretty well but it's still not Bungie, I'm honestly more looking forward to Destiny (by Bungie) than the next Halo and Destiny even has a chance at coming to PC (already on PS). That said I really hope 343 doesn't screw up Halo and they probably hope so too lol, that's not a good thing to have on ones resume.

9. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Same for me. Looking forward to Destiny more than Halo 5. Although, I'm not sure when or even if I will get the Xbox One. There are loads of games that I wanna try though, exclusive for Xbox One :/

10. CroRonaldoFTW

CroRonaldoFTW Spiked Club

Credit:
    i have x-box360 and halo 4 i rly wont halo 5!!!

11. Wen

Wen Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Unfortunately, to me, Halo has already used up all of its potentials. The new things they are bringing in 4 and 5 are quite dry and lack innovation tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.