1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever changed your username ingame using DCs?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Change numbers to symbols for free? I don't think you can but you could ask player support about it.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Wouldn't make any sense considering you can't uppercase and lowercase a number. It's only for the letters A to Z.

If a character name has a foreign character like é in their name, then swapping the é for an e wouldn't be free, but I think swapping é for an É would be free, but I don't think the name change feature in the account settings even allows you to change those foreign characters despite that having a foreign character in your character name is possible. You'd have to contact Player Support in that specific instance since they patched the ability to create a character with a foreign character like a year ago or so.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Did those foreign symbols cause problems in the past leading to their removal from being used in character names?

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not anymore. In the past, foreign characters would appear as question marks and if you tried to report a player with a foreign character in their name, the game wouldn't let you (this was fixed at some point after the name creation thing got patched). People who created their names with foreign characters still have their names now, so AE hasn't done anything like give them temporary usernames or anything like that. The way it was done was people would copy the foreign character somewhere outside of the game and paste it into the character selection screen; I don't think people could type them in, only copy them in. You'd be lucky if you have a name that has a foreign character.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    This is the first time I have heard of this and I can see why a change was made to disallow them.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I haven't seen a lot of players with foreign character names in recent weeks; they aren't as common and most people with foreign characters speak another language anyway.

I still have my 30 Eszett character that I log on to from time to time. It's nice seeing how other players react to the username, especially when they look up the character page and see 60 S's instead of 30 ß's.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    So you made a character with a name that uses foreign characters but for what? Just to see the reactions and that's it or was it made because of the dungeon key system?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Was mostly an experiment to create the longest name possible since 30 W's was taken. I don't think any name can get longer than the 30 Eszett characters.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Do you use it for anything else?

10. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Sometimes I park the character in a specific map for an easy goto, so I don't have to walk long distances... places like Darkovia Castle, the Daily Boss map, parkour areas, and places that aren't listed in the travel menu. Other than that, I don't really do much with the character except show off its name.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I have seen people use alts as teleportation points and I literally saw one named "teleport guy" or something similar to that.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't think they're as common though, but they do exist. They used to be more common when dungeon key limits were around. After their alts run out of keys, they would delete that character and create a new character for 20 keys again (sometimes coming up with clever nicknames after their objective), instead of waiting several hours for the keys to regenerate. It used to be the trend for several months.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    They still find use because dungeons don't require keys anymore to enter. I also saw them used when Arcangrove Forest and Arcangrove saga were relatively new. Their names did reflect their use which was teleporting to them.

14. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Ya i have changed sometimes

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Do you remember what names did you use previously?

16. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I never try changing ign before but i wish i could because the DCs i get in the daily chest and in the ads are only better if i just buy a vaults

17. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I don't really want to change my IGN might my old friends that are not playing for months now might can't recognize me and deleted me on their friendslist

18. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yea bro that is the one bad thing that will happen if we/you/me change ign and it feels like when someone change their ign it feels like they are a new stranger even in their old friends and some good memories and nice things happen with friends by using your name that never changed since you start playing is really nice if you dint do lazy stuff into othet players like you, fool someone or have an enemy i think in that way changing ign is better than making some mistakes more even worse but i know a guy like @ArtificeJoker is a really good, loyal and true friend :D

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That is something that could likely happen unless they check and see that they got someone on their friend list that they don't recognize and ask who they are so they don't end up deleting that person from their friendlist.

20. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Lol bro i think you change name like 6x just :D my own opinion as your friend :p