1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Helpful tips to improve your play in LOL (General Tips)

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by brankomiljus20, Sep 13, 2014.

1. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I was decided to share my knowledge about league of legends to help ur understanding of game and by that be better on it. I have friend who was bronze 2, i showed him how to play and some of tips and 40 days later he is almost gold how, so i hope this will help u to.
    I know that there is so many basic tips, but i rly hope that it will help some1
    Newest updated posts i will mark blue

1. If ur in jungle and ur top is pushing, go into top bush from lane and w8 for countergank, but only if u feel strong enough that u can kill them 2v2
    2. Try to place wards in enemy jungle so u can see where is he, or where will he gank next
    3. On 1st CS of 2nd wave u will get lvl 2, try to kill it before ur enemy and use that lvl as advantage to harras or to zone him
    4. When ur farming try to freeze lane on ur side of lane, when u farm just last hit CS, more u push lane more u will be exposed to ganks
    5. Wave control, as i said try to keep ur wave on ur side of lane if u push it toward enemy side a bit, then push him all the way to turret, then wave will reset on middle of lane.
    6.When u push wave into enemy turret and u clear enemy wave, that is perfect time for shop, ur CS will focus on turret, enemy will lose at least 1 wave of farm, and when ur back lane, wave will be on middle and u will lost 2cs most
    7. Dont let that enemy wave reach ur turret, hold them just on range of ur turret until ur minions arrive, that way u will have perfect lane for farming
    8. If somehow wave reach ur turret in early game, to kill melee CS u need 2 turret shots then ur 1 basic attack, for ranged CS u need 1 attack from u, 1 from turret, then again 1 from u (if u do differently u will miss CS).
    9.If ur under enemy turret u can attack enemy champ, but only if he is not in range of that turret, turret wont attack u
    10.1 min before dragon or baron spawns, try to have vision advantage, place wads around dragon and clear all enemies wards, best is to have at least 2 pink ward in area, also on 20+min, try always to have 2 wards on baron.
    11.When u use sweeper u disable ward, use that when u wana gank, use sweeper behind corner so enemies cant see u, then when u disable it u dont need to destroy it just pass him and gank.
    12.Never push lane with superminions, when u have superminions dont push that lane to more then half lane, go on other lane and siege it.
    13.To Quote Supernatural/Supremenexus "Dont blame junger if he dont come to gank ur lane and enemy does, or when u die"cause he didnt help u" that is just excuse, he is not obligate to help you." And faster u realize that better u will become. Instead blaming him, blame urself. Ur one how allowed him to gank u, u didnt place good wards or u overextended
    14. When you are jungler, try u place wards to help midd and top, more wards u have safer they can play, place also Vision wards to deff ur jungle entrances so u can gank easier
    15. If some1 go to split push, u play deff and just go back, dont engage 4v5 then blame him cause he didnt go with team. Also if ur get cough, again it is ur bad not his :).
    16. If i pull agroo on minions and then u enter bush they still attack u, it means that bush is warded, u can clear it, or use that knowledge in ur advantage
    17. When enemy jungler is coming to gank and u see him, dont fall back immediately, try to bait him to stay, so he lose as much time is possible. Every sec that he stay on ur lane allows ur teammates to play aggressive, dont say "HI" to him or use all chat to tell him to leave (common mistake)
    18. IF u have strong advantage in lane, push that lane to enemy turret, then try to help other lanes by ganking alone or with jungler, so they also get advantage
    19. When u ACE enemy team, dont overextend with pushing, keep eye on death timers, if needed push just 1 turret then go back. Ppl often trying to push even more then they should and overstay with low HP. Enemy can use this at his advantage, easy kills to low HP ppl, which can lead to Baron or Dragon or even to ACE and they can push even more that your team did. Another common mistakes
    20. Dont try do defend low HP turret if there are more enemies then you teammates. U will probably die and lose turret for sure, so why risk death and give enemies even more gold then u should.
    21. If u can play multiple roles and if some1 rly wana specific role, best for team is for u to let him that role, even if ur 1st pick, otherwise he can troll and feed, if u can play only 1 role tell them politely, dont flame on 1st sentence that u write.
    22. Playing to your opponent's cooldowns and mana pool. If ur enemies used important spell like: blitz hook, flash, exhaust, heal, even TP ... and u have yours up, they're more vulnerable then u and it's a great time to be a bit aggressive with them or to call jungler to gank, so u can make advantage and snowball ur lane, also pay attention to they mana pool and recent purchases[/COLOR]. tip by MIHAJLO
    23. Always use right runes
    , some times good runes can save u from death or get u kill, depend on season, some runes are always better then other one, google it and try it, currently strongest runes are Attack Speed, HP/MR/Armor per lvl. An always check runes and masteries before start tip by IgnjatSRB
    24. As u all know every jungle camp now gives u buff. But one camp gives only 1 buff per spawn. So if u doing "smite war" with enemy jungler , u be careful what u want, gold or buff
    25. Rift Scuttler (armadillo near dragon and baron) lose 50 armor and MR if u Hard CC him (snare/root, stun, knock up), use this to kill it easy

26. Good time to trade in lane is when enemy is about to take cs. Watch your own cs and when you see them low enough trade with the enemy. This way you make them choose to either lose cs or take free poke. tip by Sle91

This is all what i can remember for now, i will update it when i had something new.

Also if any1 else have some useful tip about gameplay, feel free to share it, and i will update list, more tips we have, we can help more player to get better

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  2. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    any 1 else have some useful tips ?

3. Aki

Aki Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Nice one, you covered a lot of stuff here. :D

4. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Tnx, i wrote Only what was on top of mine mind, fell free to add something that i forgot

5. SealHD

SealHD Little Spike

Credit:
    Ty for da tips :)

6. Fendorian

Fendorian Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
  7. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Nice tips. I found some of them very usefull.

8. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Np guys, i just wana help u to be better :) More things that u apply from list more u will be better, trust me. Ive learned on hard way by losing sooo many games. For me it was needed at least 1 year to discover, understand and apply this all, all u need is to apply it ;)

9. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Wow this is really usefull :D thanks man :)

10. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    NP man, but as i said, fell free to share ur own tips if u have any

11. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Post updated, 2 tips added :)

12. Sajo

Sajo Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    ty for these usefull tips :) I'll use them

13. BillyKid02

BillyKid02 Gamer Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    My tip:WATCH SUPREME NEXUS

14. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    And what about ppl who dont understand Serbian ?

15. trnava86

trnava86 BamBam

Credit:
  16. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    np man, i hope it will help u :)

17. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Post updated, 1 tip added :)

18. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Fake Flash Jukes video tip added, aint mine but usefull

more tips coming soon

19. ThyThee

ThyThee Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I have only 1 tip: ward ward ward :) buy pinks as a jungler on your first back, buy another stealth ward on top of it, change your blue trinket for a sweeper, and dominate with map control. If your pink gets cleared, buy another one, and another one, and another one, then buy more wards. :) U will be amazed by how much control it gives u and how many objectives u can secure just by warding properly :)

20. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I covered almost all what did u said, but in different tips, although i forget about vision ward to deff jungle and now i will added it, tnx

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014