1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden Tomb - general thoughts, suggestions and more

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    As you all know, Hidden Tomb place is added to the game as a preview of future Sandsea. Maybe your thoughts and suggestions can help devs about developing Sandsea. List your ideas here please.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I feel like Sandsea is a place that could benefit from puzzle elements and exploration. For instance, maybe for Hidden Tomb, there are traps, hidden staircases, and features that would be parallel to much of the cliché found in movie/novel/historical depictions of desert areas, especially Egypt (and the Pyramids). When I think of just the words "Hidden Tomb", I'm thinking that the place hasn't been uncovered by explorers and that there's some sort of treasure to be found. It would be disappointing, if it was just an ordinary place with little to no significance, and a lot of places in the game feel like that, so this would be an opportunity for AE to show that they can expand more on themes and symbolism.

Ophidius likes this.
  3. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I too feel like this should be an area that the devs get creative with there level design. More intricate levels are just as good as larger levels if done right. I feel like there needs to be a better mix of both here and throughout the game.