1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How did you learn to aim?

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by Heromanguy12, May 9, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Aiming is what everyone should know how to do when playing a shooter game of any kind. How did you learn how to aim? Did you learn through trial and error or did you watch/read some guide on how to aim?

2. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I never watched any kind of tutorial. I learned through trial and error. I advise same thing to other players who are not good at aim. It gives opportunity to create your own combat style.

3. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Practice make perfect.

4. Well, every FPS game is different, so the way to aim will always differ, but there are some helpful markers and indicators to help practice aimong. In a 2D FPS game, maybe you're given the angle of trajectory in some numeric format, and just having numbers show on the side of the screen can help; and then you just practice until you used to aiming that way. In a 3D FPS game, generally crosshairs guide you on aiming (though not all 3D FPS game use crosshairs), and then you practice until you're used to that. Every FPS game is going to be different, but perhaps one tip you could say about every FPS game is that you should practice to create a routine habit since practice makes habit.

5. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    When I used to pay FPS, long time ago now (CS 1.5), I practiced and would warm up using a sniper (awp map 99% of the time). Just getting used to having to put your crosshair/pointer on the person before you click ingrains that in your brain. After a while you brain knows not to click until the crosshair is on the person and at the same time it becomes a reaction and you automatically click when the crosshair in on the person.
    This relates to other guns as well because have the first bullet hit the person is the start of winning. You have to learn the guns spray and/or recoil patterns from that point.
    Repetition, repetition, repetition.
    Good luck!