1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How do I move multiple favs to a folder?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Glazed, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    You know how the set up works for favs on Internet explorer? Well it's getting cluttered, and I want to move them all into a folder by selecting them all, but I have no idea how.

I've fiddled around a bit, and I still can't get it. I can't even find out what folder the links for the favs are in and where the folder is on my computer.

So.....is this possible for me to do? because manually moving them one at a time is tedious and time consuming.

2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have no idea...you could upload them to a website such as Google Bookmarks and get the toolbar.
    Or Delicious is another site.

3. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Or you could probably find a bookmark plug-in that does what you need.

4. stephstar101

stephstar101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    i don't think it's possible, usually for regular files all you hav to do is highlight and then cut paste, but i tried for IE and i don't think it works

5. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You can do it in FireFox, which is superior in every way to IE.

6. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    which IE? 6, 7 or 8?

in IE 6 create a folder in the favorites list -> click on it, to rename it whatever you want
    -> go to sort favorites and drag the favorite into the map where you want it

in IE 8 click on "add to favorites" (top left side of screen) -> click on "new map" -> give the map a name and the current page you're at is listed as a favorite in the newly created map -> as a a final step you can drag and drop favorites you already added into the map you want

I don't know about IE7, but it's probably something similar... IE5 is like IE6...

if you want to move multiple at a time, you'd probably need to hold the ctrl key and click on the favorite while you move it (not sure here, as I've never done that myself)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.