1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How do you get your Health or Mana Potions?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That is a little bit over 32 stacks of potions. It's going to take a while to use them all up.

2. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Yes. I am planning to use them all in Tengu Challenge while I am farming for Lightning Cloud. :D

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You can get nuked in there so it doesn't hurt to use potions just in case.

4. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's really a huge amount. I think you're set for quite a while even after you're done with tengu!
    On a side note, did you end up getting that Midas too ?

5. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Unfortunately, no. :(
    I gave up after 5200 chests.

6. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Oh man, I hope you get it soon when you try again!

Metaqrion likes this.
  7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That many and still no Midas' Curse? That is unfortunate. At least you got a lot of potions out of them.

8. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Yes, but those potions are meaningless for me. Midas was the only weapon I farmed for, and I failed.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What was that about you spending them on Tengu when farming for Lighting Cloud pet? I don't think they are as useless as you make them out to be.

10. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Yes, it is a great idea. I will start to farm it as soon as when I found time. But summer is on the way and next updates too. I am afraid they will interrupt my farm.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Knowing that most content updates are mostly filler, you don't have stop the farm just to go farm for new cosmetics. Focus on what you actually want to do.

12. Metaqrion

Credit:
    While I was farming Midas, Cryptodirax Dungeon released, and it took so much time of mine. I remembered how running dungeons with friends fun and I left farming Midas. I don't know why I was so bored, maybe because it was a specific thing for Midas farming since there are lots of ”toxic” players in DreadFool’s Labyrinth or just because I slew insane amount of chests. Eventually, new contents interest and affect me since they are fun, and farming rares not. :)

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Or maybe it was because you very grinding for something with a low drop chance and you were not getting it which lead to boredom. It's up to you to decide what is fun and what is not and if doing new content regardless what that new content is "fun" to you then go for it. That raises a question though, would it be fun to farm for a rare item that is part of said new content? The answer might be obvious, but it's hard to tell sometimes. It would become old content just like DreadFool’s Labyrinth did eventually.

14. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I think pots will become super important once pvp is released. There aren't going to be any silly no pots rules like when people duel. Fish food, other buffs like tasty bun and pots will be the hot commodities.

15. I think people will complain about not having an "equal playing field", especially if PvP is going to be a serious feature. It's so easy to burn through so many potions and other consumables, and if you're doing PvP for 12+ hours, you'd be cycling through a lot of consumable items. Once you run out of consumables, the people with consumables have a stronger advantage over you. And with team PvP, it'll probably end up being toxic if some people bring potions and some don't.

I think the reason why it's so easy to accumulate so many consumables right now, particularly potions, is because there's usually never a reason to use them. The times you battle bosses or do serious battles is very infrequent since you mainly battle regular monsters. Level scaling in a lot of places has somewhat increased the use of potions now, but that's usually when you're doing objectives by yourself. But if you're constantly battling bosses and constantly doing serious battles for hours, you'll burn through so many potions.

Ophidius likes this.
  16. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    (IF) When pvp becomes a serious feature, people will just have to grind to get the items they need to stay competitive. In all the mmos I have played it's been that same way. I remember in Aion there were about a dozen if not more, HOT pots, instant HP pots, max life pots, armor buffs, movement speed buffs, flight time pots, flight time over time pots, mana pots, mana over time pots, damage buff, attack speed buff and other consumable enchants. You farmed your butt off to get them or get the gold to get them, just so you could be competitive, try to have an edge or just stay alive in pvpve areas where you were quest when people were actively trying to kill you. No one complained, it was part of the game, first you learned to accept it, then you learned to like it, then you couldnt do with out it.

I'm sure aq3d will incorporate some of that stuff. It's fine with me, in fact I encourage it, it brings more depth to the game, imo. When it's already so easy to get to max level and gear, they need to make something for us to work for to be just that little but stronger.

17. I don't think it's a good trend for modern MMORPGs to go that route, and not all MMORPGs incorporate consumable items from regular gameplay into PvP. It really depends on how much that particular MMORPG emphasizes PvP and what they do with it, but to revolutionize the genre itself, I think it's important to differentiate certain gameplay features from other features. It's dull seeing new game features revolving around the same existing features, and people generally want to play new features independent of other already existing features because they want new features to feel fresh. Otherwise, an MMORPG from a creative aspect is really limited to just the story and combat aspect rather than whatever diversity of features it could present.

In addition, it's already overwhelming for mobile players to have to compete with the complexity of bearing too many items, and there just wouldn't be room for more consumable items. Aside from that, some consumable items are items that you normally would pay for (e.g. transformations), so it wouldn't really be interesting for free players to go up against players that spend a lot of money.

And I really do mean "if" PvP becomes a serious feature, because AE's never been too serious about revolutionizing their 3D game and extending features farther than just the bare bones. They can create a skeleton of features people desire, but they can never add the flesh to the features to create something more interesting.

18. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I get my health pots from DreadFool's Labyrinth. I was farming for Midas' Curse there and ended up collecting a ton of potions. I am not much of a paladin player so I haven't really collected much in the way of mana pots. My collection of fancy health pots was up to around 3k when I finally got Midas. Even after getting it I still find myself drawn to continue hunting chests. My collection is around 4.5k now. What can I say? Dreadfool's is my favorite section of the game. I even started a guild about it. DFL. Not many members but it seems difficult to recruit members as everyone seems to be in a guild already.