1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How many DCs left in your account?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by legionlord13, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: Once Human
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    For the length of time it takes to obtain the gear, there are better alternative items to farm like the Arcangrove drops from some of the dungeons. I don't think the stats of those drops are necessarily better than Heretic as they usually fall between awesome quality and epic quality (slightly lower stats), but they're almost an equal match. The Arcangrove crafting, though it takes a good amount of time (though not as long as Legion Heretic), tend to be a bit better to farm, and there seems to be players playing Arcangrove from time to time (though not as common as almost a month or two ago when Arcangrove was still quite active).

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It's still not a bad option to go for if you have the time.

3. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's more than just time; if there's no players to farm along with and you're forced to solo monsters every round in the Legion Arena, then it isn't worth the time. Time is valuable when it can be spent well, not when it can be wasted.

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Of course it's not worth the time if you are solo farming at proper level. I didn't talk about solo farming and you can't really farm AoS fast enough even at lvl 27 with min-maxed gear and at that point it's gold farming or class exp farming. That's why if you want to farm AoS, find people to farm it with so it will become worth your time.

5. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    3,450 dcs because i got new collect and wasted part of my 10k

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    If that's how you feel about it, you should have put more thought on your decision to buy a collection if you deem it a waste of DCs.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    3,450 DCs isn't too bad to have left over, though it isn't enough for another collection. If there's a collection that comes out that you really like, then you're not going to be able to spend DCs on it (unless you just buy the individual items from the collection). It's always handy to have at least 5,000 in case something really does catch your eye. Sometimes it's a good idea to wait at the last moment to purchase something, because AE usually releases another collection (or show sneak peeks on Twitter) before taking down the previous collection. Then you can weigh your decision on what you think is worth it. Anyway, 3,450 DCs is enough for a name change and individual DC items.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That amount can still indeed be spent well. You can get up to 3 bank vault slots, afford at least one travel form and a handful of cosmetics.

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If the form costs 1,900 DCs, then sure, but it seems common to see forms that cost 4,500 DCs. I'd say bank vault is the best place to spend DCs, just because of how resourceful it can be for inventory management, and the benefits you gain from it (being a Guardian gives you extra slots). It's far better and lenient than AQWorlds' system of spending 200 ACs on 1 slot, probably too good that you won't need to buy bank vaults as often. I haven't bought a bank vault in months, but I tend to be conservative with what I claim from my craft menu and put in my inventory. Cosmetics, I would just avoid since I'd rather have items with stats, unless the item actually looks good for a set to wear.

10. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Currently i owned 567 DCs and im saving them to buy a new vault:)

11. ArtificeJoker

ArtificeJoker Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Just enough to buy my first collection soon. I really wanted to buy atleast one collection in game.

12. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Same here bro i really want the collection of 2018 moglo but so bad i missed it cuz i really like the morph

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Wait... so you bought one of those travel forms from that collection and couldn't get the whole thing because of that? That's a shame if that's the case. Did you manage to get that new bank vault slot by the way?

14. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Around 60k dc, I always buy bulk when it has discount like black friday sale once a year and prepare the DC at least for 10 collections that coming in the future.

Ashley Eley likes this.
  15. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I have about 30,350ish but I topped up, I only buy what I really want I don’t just spend for the hell of it I ant all bothered about collection badges unless the title is a really cool one which there hasn’t been only one that was I missed it which collector I am think Star Wars that was.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's a good idea to get DCs during times when you can get bonus DCs because you get more value out of your money.

Ashley Eley likes this.
  17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If you don't have a lot of DCs, then it's probably a good idea (that is, if you ever plan on purchasing any DC item in the near future). But if you already have a ton of DCs, then there's usually no point in taking the bonus, especially if it might last another year until another bonus comes around. Really depends on the type of player that you are; if you buy every single collection and every single DC item, then you might as well take advantage of the bonus in bulk. If you're the kind of person that rarely spend DCs, then you might only need to buy one package for the year, or no package at all (e.g. if you cap your spending to 5,000 DCs a year, then you don't need the bonus package since you can just get 5,000 DCs via daily chests and ads).

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Players are more likely to spend more DCs when there's a bonus going on and even those players who got a lot of them already might get more because they don't want to miss out on a bonus like that.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Depends on what's available, and also whether the in-game items themselves have bonuses. Players are likely to spend DCs when they find something they actually like or see "worth value"; otherwise, they just save up until they find something they like. A bonus for game currency doesn't really encourage players to spend their DCs immediately... it mostly encourages players to take advantage of the bonus and save up.

If the bonus was on a collection or some item, then that'll encourage players to buy the collection/item. For instance, if an in-game item like the Armored Red Dragon is discounted for 20% on Black Friday or something, then that'll be what attracts players to buy that specific item. It's the same sort of psychology applied to collections every season. DC bonuses themselves don't really have that effect on in-game spending, because there's not as much motive being driven.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well, there's already is a motivation to stock up and that is the new upcoming Frostval collection. AE has deployed bonus DCs before releasing a new collection and this situation is no different. This isn't the first time they have done it and it's not going to be the last either because it works for that purpose.