1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

hunter guide my build ^_^

Discussion in 'WYD Global' started by knives753, Apr 13, 2008.

1. knives753

knives753 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    WYD HUNTER BUILD GUIDE
    Bow-Type Damage Hunter

This is the most common and tested type of hunter build. However, there will still be differences in results depending on how you balance your stats, skills and equips. This build aims for the most damage given, without necessarily having to sacrifice a lot of CON in return, so the character can stay on the battlefield longer. As for hunting, this build performs fairly well, although maybe not as efficient a gold earner as a build that capitalizes on Trade mastery skills. Using certain game strategies and tricks, it can hunt fairly well on its own, even against some monsters where it would normally require a party.

This guide will also assume the character will be joining in water parties, and leveling up fast, so most of the details to follow will be mostly final figures.

CHARACTER STATS

As for all hunter builds, STR will be the main or primary stat of this build, and you will need to pump all stat points into this, after all other stats have been finally set. Peg DEX at 450, the standard suggested figure for max evasion*. That is all this build will need. Dont put any points into INT as you wont be needing it much and can supplant it with mana potion usage. Some will say a CON count in excess of 400 is too much, but the added staying power in terms of HP plus very good equipment set will complement your high damage on the battlefield.

The following are stats at level 1, base figures**** (no equips, accessories or cape).
    STR 8 (Atk equivalent = 7)
    INT 9 (MP equivalent = 60)
    DEX 13 (ASpd equivalent = 102%)
    CON 6 (HP equivalent = 75)

The following are stats at level 150, base figures**** (no equips, accessories or cape).
    STR 369 (Atk equivalent = 221)
    INT 9 (MP equivalent = 209)
    DEX 215 (ASpd equivalent = 143%)
    CON 188 (HP equivalent = 737)

The following are stats at level 351, base figures**** (no equips, accessories or cape).
    STR 1615 (Atk equivalent = 1406)
    INT 9 (MP equivalent = 410)
    DEX 450 (Aspd equivalent = 190%)
    CON 600 (HP equivalent = 1960)

note: with the exception of the level 351 data, all others are base figures. the character upon whom I based the last set of figures still had meta odin and food effects on. without its effects, the only aspects that will change are Atk equivalent, to roughly about 1320, and Aspd equivalent, lesser by 7-10%.

CHARACTER WEAPON

Use only bows with high damage specs, or high damage and decent attack speed specs, if available.

Other melee weapons are not recommended even if they deal a higher damage or reflect a higher attack figure. This build is not made to be a melee fighter and will eventually lose out in close combat. Furthermore, bows allow you to hit the enemy even before they get close to you without taking any substantial primary damage to yourself.

CHARACTER EQUIPMENTS

When choosing your equipment, always go for the dual orange options, if possible. Furthermore, armors fall into three categories: N, M, and A. N-type armors have lower defense ratings and level requirements to be worn as compared to A-type armors, which have the highest defense rating and also a higher level requirement for armors in its class.

Helm - defense & attack speed increase
    Armor - damage increase & critical percentage
    Leggings - damage increase & critical percentage
    Gauntlets - skill mastery % defense increase
    Boots - damage & skill mastery increase

While it may be tempting to look for damage-defense spec gauntlets, having a lower-than-255 Capture Mastery count will weaken the damage of your main battle skill, Airblade (Extra attack power : Attack power + skill mastery).** And remember that any damage bonus from equipments and accessories only adds to your normal attack, not to your skills damage.

It is also greatly advised to upgrade your equipments and accessories to the max, when possible, to take advantage of the extra defense it provides, and make your character a bit tougher and harder to take down.

SKILL MASTERIES

Weapon Mastery and Capture Mastery are the forte of this build, so you will need to max these. You can further up Capture Mastery to 255 by using gloves and boots with skill mastery specs.

Survival Mastery comes in second, so pump some decent mastery points into this one especially since its 8th skill, Soul-Link, will be the first 8th skill you will be getting.

As for Trade Mastery, aside from Bargain, Dual-Wield is the only useful skill you can get here in terms of skills that will contribute to more damage. If you plan to get it as well, pour some skill mastery points here as well.

The following are mastery skills distribution at level 351, base figures, no 8th skill acquired.***
    Weapon Mastery 200/200
    Survival Mastery 123/200-note put higher if possible
    Trade Mastery 200/200
    Capture mastery 200/200

Please note that 200 is the max base figure you can have for any mastery prior to acquiring any 8th skill. You can still max this to 255 with the help of sm spec boots and gauntlets. Upon acquiring a last skill, however, the maximum mastery points for that mastery will jump to 255 (e.g. Trade Mastery with 8th skill Soul Transfer will reflect a maximum skill mastery of 255).

SKILL MASTERY SKILLS***

In choosing which skills to get, I have ranked them according to priority. Now there will be some skills wherein you will have to wait a certain level or till you reach a specified skill mastery point requirement. If you already fulfilled the level requirement but falls short on skill mastery points, "cheat-stat" it by temporarily equipping items with high skill mastery specs.

Capture mastery:

Dodge - must-get. adds to your evasion rate
    Another Soul- increases crit chances,dam and Flanking Chance
    Lady Luck - get this higher crit
    Flanking Chance - must-get. this will be one of your main skills, in terms of damaging enemies.this build it really is main skill
    Drawing Knife- must-get. good for boosting and for hitting multiple targets.

Survival Mastery:

Illusion - get this. very useful to get out of tight spots; effect not based on skill mastery.
    Enchant Frost - must-get. slows down enemies movement or attack speed.
    Hide in Shadow - get this. good when you need to take time to heal in the midst of mobs
    Immunity - must-get. very good defense against cold attacks; effect not based on skill mastery.
    Tranfer Armor Class - must-get. adds damage

Trade Mastery:get all of this you'll be getting last skill of this mastery

Two Weapon Fighting -get this for more damage.
    Coin Armor -get this for more defense very useful

HUNTING

Having a good build is only half of the story. Sometimes you need to use certain strategies and game tactics when a simple stand-in-one-place-and-shoot-till-the-monster-dies just wont work. While hunting grounds seems a little off-topic from this guide, I'll include it nevertheless. The drops are good if you have the patience to stay in one place for long periods of time. Plus any gold earned from selling them will definitely help you upgrade your equipments and make a stronger build.

Chaos Troll Grounds : the only valuable things you can get here are sapphires, which is always in demand since it is needed for that cape and cape logo quests. as for the weapon drops, watch out for those one-handed weapons with extremely high skill masteries as you can use them later on to "cheat-stat" skills acquisition.

Path-to-Knighthood area, exterior : for me, this place has been a good hunting ground for lak powders. on a good day also provides a lot of normal drops, good for bargaining and an easy 500k at least per hunt session.

Underworld 1 : good place to hunt for blue scroll drops,

Underworld 2 : if you're hunting for a heavenly angel, saint wand or cromlea, this is the place to be.

Desert-you need very high defense about 2k that's w/ healer

Many might raise some points against this build regarding how to effectively optimize it in terms of effectivity in PVP or PVE. As I've said, there will be differences in results depending on how the character stats are balanced against skills acquired, skill mastery points allocated, and generally on the type of upgraded equipment available to the character. This is only a guide and is, by no means, unchangeable.

I only edited and fixed this guide from SD but in WYD global this is my build and recommends this.T.Y.

2. chris

chris Little Spike

Credit:
    what 8th skill you prefer on hunter???

3. knives753

knives753 Ogre Newling

Credit:
  4. artojas

artojas BamBam

Credit:
    I believe you need more dex or con

5. advevaSmeaphy

advevaSmeaphy Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Brand-new Colleague

Greetings Everybody
    My name is Skillet. I thank you all for making me feel at home and I am thrilled to be part of this huge and growing forum of nice people. I have just joined now. I'll be happy to assist others that require it and supply advice where feasible. I also hope to be taught innovative things with regard to internet marketing. I relish affiliate marketing and I am happy I have been bitten by the affiliate marketing bug. In order to push my product, I did most of my marketing off line. When it comes to new ideas on internet promoting, I am continuously open to brand new ideas. Thank you for having me and God Bless.

6. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    When I was in mid level, I always max the DEX for evasion.. I want to farm ^^

I'm a former WYDIAN.. from Anarchy Guild... ^^