1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Number Four

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Drama, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    [​IMG]

Book cover

[​IMG]

Movie Preview

Has anyone read this book yet? I think it is pretty good for guys. Sci-fi. Really hard to explain but I'm on chapter 9/44 atm after 2 hours. Easy read for me but it confuses me and my friends =p.

Just to let you know for those of you who want to see the movie =p. There are going to be sequel(s) to this movie.

There are 9 Loric children. 3 have died. This one is about number four. If any of them are attempted to be killed out of order, they person/thing trying to kill them will take the damage and not them. The next book talks about number seven and how number six lived (I think). No preview on the next/final book after that though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  2. IAMAWESOMEWOOT

IAMAWESOMEWOOT Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Movie seems cool :D What are there powers though? Do they all have the same powers?

3. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    and here I was thinking, that this thread was about sesame street ;)

4. sasuke24

sasuke24 Clubbed for Shop Abuse

Credit:
    What's this book about?

5. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I saw a preview for the movie where the girl(the blonde from Glee) said she was number 9. Is she not number 9 in the book?

6. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'll have to check that out sometime, it seems pretty interesting. :)

7. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    No their powers are called "Legacies"

Everyone of them has Telekinesis, super hearing, high intellect, and super speed (they can run fast...w/e)

BESIDES THAT^ all of them have different powers basically.

That is Sarah. She play's as John's (Number four's) friend in the book. She has no powers. At the beginning of the movie, the prologue will show the death of number one. Later it may show the death of 2 and 3 but the book only gave times. Each of them were killed at night though.

edit: in the book they only mention one other number. Number 6....but uhm. I think they might have messed up with that part in the movie...because once 2 of the numbers come in contact....all 9 of them can be killed in any order i think. that or it might be just those 2.

EDIT: Googled the cast of both glee and IA#4. The girl from glee is number 6. I am going to look it up...but i think when they meet that means 6 and 4 can be killed but I am still not sure....gotta read another 100 pages or so and im done...probably the fastest ive ever read a book ffs....lol (I dont like to read usually...)

A boy named John Smith (15 years old) and his guardian Henri (51? I dont remember) are people from planet Lorien. Their race was killed by the Magadorians (vicious silver-white beasts with razer sharp teeth and if they describe it correctly...they either have swords for arms or can shapeshift their arms into swords...something like that). They flee to earth, all 9 of the children (called Garders or whatever...not sure) each with a keeper (guardian; henri is john's keeper). John is also known as Number Four. The "Numbers" must be killed in order. If they are killed out of order, the person who tries to kill them will get the damage inflicted to them instead. Their mission is to blend into earth's society and hide from the Magadorians that are hunting them. Supposedly they look the same and talk the same, except that the loric language sounds like french. John Smith must now hone his powers on Earth while trying to maintain a "normal" sophomore high school life.

That is all I feel like writing about for now =p. but I got everything down basically that is important

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.