1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

I'm extremely confused (please help)

Discussion in 'Gamer Creations' started by sasuke24, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasuke24

sasuke24 Clubbed for Shop Abuse

Credit:
    I just purchased (actually my parents did) photoshop CS6. After that, I installer it.

Now, I am really confused about how to use it. I google for more than an hour but couldn't find any good tutorial for the basic of photoshop. All tutorial focuses on how to make different images and such.

I would appreciate any kind of help from the GFX makers of this section. Please help me buddy.
    I don't know what to do.(except to open and close photoshop :D )

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yes, it can be very confusing:). I would suggest practicing on a random image. Try to do different things with it and have fun during the proccess.

3. sasuke24

Credit:
    Well I just don't know what to practice with..... I don't understand which command do what. I don't understand why adobe is not providing a basic guide officially! They have more than billion users.

4. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    Do you have some experience with photoshop or is it your first time using PS?

Have you already tested the features in PS?

For tutorials you can go to deviantart and search for blablabla tuts.

For commands you can use it if you want but I usally don't really use it. It's faster if you memorize all those commands but clicking is faster for beginners.

Find some nice piece of material to play with on deviantart.

Good luck!

5. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    you need patience.You won't be good in 1 week so keep that in mind.Now your probably want to make some cool things like signatures,posters,and stuff right?Well im guessing you didn't bought cs5 to pursue a graphic designer career and just use it to make sigs so..
    first get used to photoshop.Don't go straight in looking at on tutorials.Try out what each tools do to get familiar.
    Using shorcuts is not necessary but it is nice to use sometimes for ease;you can customize your shortcuts too by going edit>shorcut sumthing
    I dont think there a guide on what every tool does and so unless you google the specific tool i think..
    well anyway your on your own on that.The best luck is just starting off with making sigs by looking at deviantart

6. sasuke24

Credit:
    I don't understand how to add text (the proper one) in an image. I can never add anything but normal text style. How can I bold, underline, italics my text?

7. infina

infina MMORPG Addict Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    At the top left of your screen (next to File, Edit, ....) one of the menu's should be called "Window". This menu can be used to turn on visibility of certain windows.

The window you are looking for to turn on is the "Character" window. When turning it on, there should be a small window appearing that can be used to change text font, make it bold and such.

I'm using Photoshop CS 5.5, but it should be the same in CS 6.

As Vocal said it's probably good to try out all the tools first. Once you think you learned the basic tools, try looking into some tutorials. There's a lot to know about photoshop. You'll just have to figure things out by experimenting yourself, and picking up tricks from tutorials.

8. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    to add on infina post,
    [​IMG]
    note only there are fonts that do not have bold and/or italic option.

9. KuroTsuna

Credit:
    [​IMG]
    If you're typing a wall of text then you can go to the right top change the mode to typography and what you find is there too.

10. sasuke24

Credit:
    Thank you guys :)
    I added a few texts in some images.

Now, how can I enlarge or minimize certain portion of my image? (Like I want to make a huge head of a person)

11. KuroTsuna

Credit:
    1)Click on layer with the image you want to change size of it
    2)Ctrl+T
    3)resize

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Are you still confused, Sasuke?

13. jasonmartin

jasonmartin BamBam

Credit:
    Hey i guess you should visit this link once. This site is having wonderful photoshop tutorials . I hope that it may help you out, For further more knowledge , i think you should search for photoshop forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.