1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Item Fusion

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm sure everyone remembers the AQ3D team announcing 'item fusion' as a feature for the game during the AQ3D Kickstarter. What do you think, even after the AQ3D team added cosmetics? Would you still like to see item fusion? If so, is there anything different you want to see with item fusion?

Your hard earned weapons and armor will NEVER become useless when new content is released. AdventureQuest 3D lets you power up any item through item fusion. Combine two items together, keeping the look of one and the power/stats from the other. Just a hunch, but they will never suspect that twig you have been keeping around since level 1 has the destructive power of a level 100 death scythe fused into it.

[​IMG]
    Weapon fusion means no item will ever become useless!

Source: AdventureQuest 3D Kickstarter Page

I'd actually like to see item fusion added in one way or another way. Since the AQ3D team did announce it on the Kickstarter page, it sort of seems like a feature promised. I would say item fusion would be a lot better than cosmetics, because you can save inventory space by fusing items into one item.

Depending on how it's done, it could also get rid of redundant clones of items like the Nightlocke weapons which exist in different levels.

I like the idea of adding stats from one item onto another item, but what would really be interesting is actual fusion. Imagine if you could fuse Deathly Zed Sword with the Sword of Hope to create a new, unique weapon. For instance, maybe the weapon will have the hilt of Deathly Zed Sword, but the blade of Sword of Hope, or maybe Deathly Zed Sword would use Sword of Hope's textures, but retain its weapon model. The AQ3D team could simply do that with craft shops to "merge" items together.

2. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    So basically like the merge shop in AQW.

3. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Sort of. There could still be a timer like how craft shops work in AQ3D since it would make sense for item fusion to take time. Items don't imbue instantly.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I can see this happening and it wouldn't hurt to have something like this, but we have cosmetic appearances so you don't need to apply stats to a weapon you really like using.
    When it comes to merging weapons together to make a new one with parts of both, i like the idea, but i think it would be somewhat time consuming to implement. I know that they have assets and all that, but all those combinations are going to take time to make possible to create in game and when more weapons get added the list of combinations just grows.

5. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    if this becomes implemented, it would be different from how it was first proposed...

Pinkyz likes this.
  6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Of course. Cosmetics made the proposed idea of item fusion pointless other than for the sake of managing inventory space, but the idea could still be expanded into newer ideas. I think keeping cosmetics, but implementing item fusion to be more than what was proposed would be quite interesting, especially if we could create certain hybrid items with item fusion.

7. valkangel

Credit:
    it would be cool if if you combine two items, there's a chance of making a new item altogether and we had to discover what those combinations would be ! :D

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That sounds like a good idea! I do wonder, if something like this would be implemented?

9. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I bet it would take them a year for them to develop that system :p

10. valkangel

Credit:
    It would be almost impossible, but one can dream!

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Interesting. Sort of like a craft shop, but without the ingredients listed and we have to play around with ingredients to check different combinations? That would be quite interesting to see in the game.

Not really. They could use craft shops for their framework and implement things to it to make it different from a craft shop.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    How would be able to use this item fusion feature anyway? Would AE put it to the game like AQW merge shops or make it like a skill with reputation ranks so higher rank you got, more options you are able to get with fusioning itself?

13. valkangel

Credit:
    Im thinking more of like "combine these two items and see what you got!" Kind of thing.. but hey, a craft shop could work too!

14. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Hmm yeah its something that will be like that abd yeah a craft shop could work xD

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Something along the lines of a merge shop or craft shop is plausible for item fusion. Technically the upgraded Nightlocke weapons use craft shops to upgrade the level of the weapon, even change its appearance in the bank storyline. The AQ3D team could use craft shops to act as "item fusion" for many other items.

16. xX STORM GENERAL Xx

xX STORM GENERAL Xx Club Swinger New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Aq3d is turning out to be very similar to fusionfall.(it's an extinct game which closed down as they ran out of funds, and lack of players and new updates, but it's system was pretty awesome. Aq3d is the only game I've seen with somethin similar.)

Aq3d is better tho

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
  17. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    wow.. combining 2 items to make another item sounds interesting.. i like it

Rueness likes this.
  18. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Dont the item upgrade already have this idea? i.e. nightlocke weapons and abyss staff

19. Janth14

Janth14 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Combining 2 or more items sounds interesting.

20. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    And put a percentage success rate when doing a fusion thingy. Makes fun :p