1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

L.A. Noire or Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Skylars, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Skylars

Skylars Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Hi. I've got a little problem. I can't decide which game I should get so I'm asking you guys which game you think is the best, or at least what you think about the game :)

2. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well, I haven't tried L.A. Noire, so I don't really know if it's a good game or not. Skyrim on the other hand, is an excellent game that is definitely worth the time that you will put on it. I can't say for sure that Skyrim is the better game, since I haven't tried L.A. Noire, but I think that it will be tough for L.A. Noire to beat Skyrim

3. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Skyrim is the same as Oblivion, they even have the same old Graphics. Get L.A. Noire.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    LA Noire should be much cheaper at this point so there's that. If this is on Ps3, definitely go LA Noire as Skyrim Ps3 is trash. Skyrim has much more content overall, LA Noire is pretty linear for a open world game (it's nothing like GTA) but it has the superior story and is still quite long.

My biggest issue with LA Noire is the 3 dialog options... they don't also mean what they say, you pick one thinking o I'll be calm about this and then your guy flips a chair or something... it makes no sense at times. Also a few of the side missions can be quite repetitive

I wrote a review for Skyrim here if you interested:

Skyrim : Online Games Review Directory

Skyrim is also more clean if that's something you think about, no swearing, nudity etc... it's not real graphic either. LA Noire has some swearing and sexual themes, some brief nudity and some graphic cases. It's not real bad but if it's something that concerns you be aware.

Overall I'd suggest if you looking for an RPG or long game and you're a fan of previous Elder Scrolls games go for Skyrim it's fantastic. If you're looking for a nice story that'll last you a little while then go for LA Noire.

It's really not, it fine you don't like it but come on that's not true. The game looks way better than Oblivion and while the core is mostly the same (in that way is it the same) they've made more than few significant changes that change how the game is played and how you progress.

5. Supernatural

Credit:
    They only change they implemented is the dragon, everything else is completely the same.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    You know what? My bad, it was a mistake trying to debate an opinion. Carry on. :)

7. Supernatural

Credit:
    Hahahahah, sorry if I sounded rude, but my disappointment was huge after trying out skyrim for the first time. I spent months and months playing Oblivion and it was the best game I have every played, by far. Skyrim came out few years after that and I was all hyped up and ready to play it again like in good old times, but the game was completely the same. Outdated graphics, same quests and story, just expanded. I know they did a lot more then just adding a dragon in the game, but I really felt bad since my expectations were so high and I almost got the same game with a different name :)

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    I know where you are coming from, played both a ton and I can see it too just think completely the same is a little strong, no problem :)

9. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would choose Skyrim

10. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I just tried L.A Noire and personally I prefer Skyrim. But L.A Noire definitely isn't a bad game and I actually see them both on the same level. Fir me it depends on what genre you like. I like RPG a lot so Skyrim was the better game for me. But if you still can't decide you can always get the cheapest one which is probably L.A Noire

11. GiveMeSomeBeer

GiveMeSomeBeer Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
  12. ninjasaga53

ninjasaga53 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    try skyrim is a rly good game... i love it.. :)

13. NeLe98

NeLe98 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    i play skyrim but i get bored so i am for L.A Noire

14. TheUnderdog6

TheUnderdog6 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    skyrim is just an epic game

15. IronManpro

IronManpro Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Skyrim is better.
    for me.

16. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Personally I prefer Skyrim, since you get more out of what you pay for the game. In other words, the modding community for Skyrim makes the game worth it.