1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Legend of Edda from GamesCampus Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Supernatural, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Recently released GC game. Legend of Edda is shutting down for the time being for total rework and engine fix.

This is yet another game from GamesCampus to be shut down like this, the first was MMORTS Soul Master which was shut down in Novemeber 2010 for the same reasons, and it never made it back to the scene. Soul Master was planed to hit the scene after 5-6 months after shutdown, May-June 2011 but no further info wasn't announced yet, and i fear the same will happen with Legend of Edda.

Did any1 played this game, and waht do you think about the shutdown?

2. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Gamescampus has Scarlet Legacy entering closed beta on Aug 4th. SL looks awesome, its on my list of games to play infact.

Maybe they are just seeing what games do well in their community. If SL takes off like I think it will they may just be scrapping less popular games to devote more resources to their bigger games.

3. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I seriously doubt it, but can anyone here tell me how close Legend of Edda is/was to Concerto Gate? Gamescampus had the licensing to Concerto Gate, and was going to release it. After a long time between beta tests 1 and 2, they cancelled the project for some unknown reason related to the actual makers of the game.

The site for it now redirects/redirected to the Legend of Edda site, so I was wondering how close the two games were..

4. Supernatural

Credit:
    Well. i don't know about LoE, i played only closed beta, but i think the game was popular enough, there were many events going on and their facebook community is huge.
    But i know Souls Master was really popular because i was playing it at the moment they shut it down. Game had huge list of players and it was only in open beta, but they had problems with engine also which resulted in unexpected maintenance which even rolled the game memory back [my char dropped 2 levels when that happened] so they had to take some action to prevent those situations from ever happening again.

Also LoE and Soul Master should have their EU releases soon with new engine systems [SM is released under gamigo, but they haven't given us any info about it] so i really think those games will make it back into life :)

I really don't know anything about that game quinn, it's best if you look up some videos on you tube, i don't really know how to describe LoE :)

5. anadyel

anadyel BamBam

Credit:
    gamecampus is so bad as gaming company. they ruined mangafighter, soulmaster, and edda.

6. Supernatural

Credit:
    Well, i kinda still like them, but i don't like at all what are they doing to their games...

7. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    how did they ruin mangafighter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.