1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

LFGame; View details inside

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Eleetmo, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleetmo

Eleetmo Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Lately I've had a real hassle trying to find that perfect game to keep me entertain, even for a week. I'm mainly a 2D/2.5D Isometric/8Bit/16Bit gamer. I have a real passion for gaming and spend 100+ hours a week gaming.

Recently I was playing this small indie game called The Forbidden Gates. It was produced by a small team of people, around 3 if I remember right. The game itself hasn't received any updates in over a year, although it was still massively fun. The community only consisted of around 5-10 regular players (people who logged in daily). Recently the game server went down and I don't expect it to come back up.

For about a month now, I've been looking for a game that could keep my attention for more than a couple days. Here's a list of MMORPG's I've tried recently;
    • Realm of the Mad God
    • Fantasy Online
    • Illutia
    • Tibia
    • Endless Online

Those are just a few that I recall off the top of my head. What I'm looking for in a game is basically this.
    • Unlike some others, I enjoy grinding in a game as that means I can set a goal and work towards it.
    • Crafting isn't required but would be an upside.
    • Partying is always fun, but as is soloing. Soloable/Party content would be another upside.
    • Updates rolling out still would be an upside.
    • Turn based games would be a downside. Although I'd be willing to try them.

I'm open to trying most games, as long as they're within my standards. I'd really like to play a new MMORPG for once, instead of coming in 2 years after release. Even if the game is still in development, feel free to post it. Although the game does not have to be newly released.

Thanks,
    Eleetmo.

2. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Have you tried Maplestory?

3. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well, if you're into retro style games, you can't get much more retro than roguelike style games!

TomeNET might be just what you are looking for. It has pretty much all of your requirements except the crafting (which you said would just be a bonus). Gameplay revolves around locating dungeons and travelling down into them to find loot, gold, and gain experience. It can be a bit hard to pick up, it is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. You can party together with others, and share experience if you are on the same floor and not more than 7 levels apart.

There aren't a ton of players, so if you can find someone else to play with you it'd make it easier to party, but people will make new characters at times so you can probably find someone to party with if you are on the peak times.

The one thing though, is that the graphics are text-based. They are used as graphics for the most part though, as opposed to MUDs and such. Fancy for text-based graphics though, with animated rain and skills and such.

(Screenshot: TomeNET - The Guide )

4. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If you want to go beyond 2D try Raiderz. It is a new MMO in closed beta. DRakensang may also be a possibility for you :D

5. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I would suggest City of Steam, its a wonderful browser based 3d game but with enough old school undertones that you would probably still enjoy it. Its a dungeon crawler and the Mechanist Games the devs behind it are always working hard with new content and updates. Plus it recently just went through its beta testing so its a good time to get in on the ground floor.

6. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Maple Story would be a great game to check Lord of The Rings is also pretty good you should check that out also.

7. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    I can recommade World of Tanks :) This is the best MMORPG game of last years :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.