1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Listing Games by Ratings

Discussion in 'Lists and Directory' started by ogreman, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Who thinks we should change it to where games are listed in the Directory Categories by review scores instead of alphabetical? Thus, the best rated games in each category would be listed first.

2. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I think people's opinions about games vary so much, that even a majority here might not be an accurate reflection about a game. I mean we have some REALLY great games in the directory that only have 0-1 ratings and those games would be stuck at the bottom of the list where they dont belong.

It may also make it harder for people to find games they are interested in by name. There have been several games that I couldnt remember the exact spelling for but I knew the gist of the name. Having them in alphabetical order would still allow me to find games like that. Whereas by ratings only it would be near impossible to find the game and the search only works if you match the name exactly.

3. funnygamer

funnygamer Clubbed

Credit:
    Yup. I agree. Having it arranged alphabetically will make it easier to find the game that you want to find.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Cat pretty much sums it up, it'd be nice to have it as an option though if possible.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    That is a good point, Cat:). Hmmmm, we could try a combination of the two where only the top three or five games based on scores are listed at the top for each category and the rest are listed alphabetically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.