1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

MapleStory 2 Announced, It's 3D?

Discussion in 'Maple Story' started by Aaddron, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Nexon just announced MapleStory 2, not really surprising given MapleStory's popularity. The bigger surprise here is MapleStory 2 will ditch MapleStory's 2D side scrolling game play for a 3D game. Not a whole lot of information was given but MapleStory 2 will be related to the original in some way and is definitely not a 3D version of MapleStory 1.

Last tidbit of information is it's said to be coming 2014, no info on if that is the Korean release or worldwide.

Source

2. Selfsir

Selfsir BamBam

Credit:
    I'm not sure that this is a good decision for MapleStory, I always felt their success was because of their 2D side scrolling gameplay that was leagues ahead of other games like it. It also made it one of the most casual friendly and low hardware requirement games around.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Indeed, especially with how many 3D MMOs are around today. It's a very oversaturated market, they will have have a lot of tough competition. I hope they aren't expecting to cruise by on it's name alone.

4. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    sure :computer: