1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

MapleStory Surpasses One Million Shoppers

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by GameOgreVideos, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    MapleStory, a massively multiplayer online game published in North America by Nexon America, has surpassed a million paying players conducting microtransactions in the game’s virtual shop. Launched in North America in 2005, MapleStory has pioneered the successful free-to-play business model and has amassed more than seven million registered players.

“We would like to congratulate all of our players for paving the way for an entirely new way of playing games,” said Min Kim, Nexon America’s vice president of marketing. “When Nexon began servicing MapleStory in North America, we were told that only a few hardcore gamers would ever do microtransactions. This milestone proves that the potential of virtual goods was grossly underestimated. People have been doing microtransactions for years, whether it was popping quarters into arcade machines, trading baseball or Pokemon cards or buying music on online. MapleStory’s million shopper milestone reinforces that playing online games and buying virtual items has become part of everyday life for players and is a proven, successful way of doing business.”

MapleStory is a colorful, 2-D scrolling game, featuring fully-customizable avatars including unique hair, clothing, pets, weapons and other in-game functional items. To celebrate the million shopper milestone, Nexon is rewarding all of its past shoppers with rewards of NX, the currency used to purchase items in Nexon games.

MapleStory has recently introduced “Big Bang,” a series of major content updates that revamp the game world, introduce new classes, and reveal a new storyline with challenging villains to battle. Big Bang also improves the user experience by adding a new user interface and higher resolution graphics. Big Bang updates will continue into January.

:xmas:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  2. mikecross666

mikecross666 Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Really lucky game they reach such heights congrats nexon

3. GlanzenWolf

GlanzenWolf Little Spike

Credit:
    Jeez o pete :\ That's a lot of people. I never really though the game was all that great myself.

4. Double Negatives

Double Negatives Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Yeah, most people either love or hate the game.

5. johnnyrunner

johnnyrunner Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Pretty amazing. I had a friend who was hooked on Maplestory .. never understood why....

6. Fyerfox

Fyerfox MMORPGer

Credit:
    i have played this game for years and i never get tired of it

7. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    me neither

8. tehreaver

tehreaver Ogre Newling

Credit:
  9. Pheeble

Pheeble Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I still dislike Nexon for neglecting Audition. But at least Redbana is going a awesome job with it.

10. bugpop

bugpop Little Spike

Credit:
    It's great 2d side scrolling game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.