1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Random Hero Box Key Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbandonFaieth

AbandonFaieth Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hawkeye is the character that I have been using and enjoying the most. Just hit Level 30 with him and have no intention of slowing down. Very Agile, great for getting away from bosses that want to be all up in your face. Deals a fair amount of damage and is great in groups. Have run a couple of terminals (read instances) with him and my buddy who plays Wolverine and Deadpool and have had a blast and made it very quick and clean. His explosive show and his freeze shot are my favorites to use on groups and just in general fun. Overall the game is great and will continue to play it for quite a while!

I got Squirell Girl the other day, have yet to see how she plays.

2. thackermtn

thackermtn Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite character in Marvel Heroes has to be Silver Surfer! As someone who’s played several characters since beginning Marvel Heroes, I’ve had the pleasure of playing several characters (e.g., Taskmaster, Squirrel Girl, Hulk, Human Torch, Daredevil, Storm), but the Surfer is my favorite! Silver Surfer uses “Power Cosmic” instead of the usual spirit stat due to his background and history. His powers and abilities are incredibly detailed FX-wise and are very much in line with the comic character, and whoever does his voice-over does a great job! He definitely sounds like a cosmic being! Even though in the comics Silver Surfer is very powerful, the game designers have made sure that he doesn’t play like he’s OP. If you like a massive damage AOE’er or someone who is just plain cool all around, then I highly recommend Silver Surfer!

3. jthomas

jthomas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Squirrel Girl

My favorite character is definitely Squirrel Girl! It is so fun when you see that your little squirrels are running around with you. Since I don't really do guild runs, it can be lonely doing runs all by myself and I like to have the squirrels there to keep me company. I also love squirrepocalpyse, as it is fun to imagine a horde of squirrels charging a single person. I also love that when she wears her aviator costume all of her squirrels wear aviator caps with her! I also love the voice acting. One of the most exciting things about Squirrel Girl is hearing more of Tara Strong's voice work. My NUM pad is wearing out from me listening to her! I also click on Dagger every time I leave the Hell's Kitchen Rooftop checkpoint. Just can't get enough of Tara!

4. solutioo

solutioo Ogre Newling

Credit:
    So Wanda has been one of my favourite characters, both in the comics and in the beta, but I was holding out on playing her while I levelled others for synergies and possibly holding out until her 52 rework. But then I was like, dammit I just want to play her anyway, so here we are.

She's only level 11 so far but boy am I having so much fun with her. I love the fact that she can teleport around and kill mobs while doing so. Love that she can keep enemies rooted, set the ground on fire and kill things in record time. Love the cower effect on Chtonic Gloom that essentially stuns foes for a while as you set your traps. Basically, I love that she destroys things with big pink explosions and instills fear and chaos wherever she goes, and I cannot wait until I get Ruinous Flux and Chaos Warp.

I do think her skills could do with some tweaking (more 'fun' chaos like having random accidents or objects, and not so many hex bolts), but I can safely say that she is one of the more enjoyable characters I have played so far, and hope that the 52 rework will improve her skill trees while retaining the already tremendously fun aspects that are already present with her.

5. Kelicon

Kelicon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    ---Taskmaster---

Personally, having not thoroughly entered the universe of Marvel Heroes until recently, I have not been very up to date with the list of best heroes. Taskmaster I received from a BOGO special and has easily become one of my favorite characters. And here is why:

- EASILY clears and entire room without breaking a sweat
    - Has an amalgamate of abilities from Hawkeye, Capt America, Daredevil, and Spiderman
    - I don't think I have ever dropped below 1/2 health, even when having to running AFK in the middle of a zone

His main appeal should easily be his versatility though. As I previously mentioned, he manages to successfully combine the abilities from four fundamentally different characters and makes them synergize almost perfectly.

To not just be a fanboy of the hero, below I have listed my main cons in using Taskmaster:

- He does take his skills from other heroes which effectively makes him a jack-of-all-trades, master of none
    - Seems to have a very low spirit pool compared to other characters which makes you invest more in gear that ups spirit regen or risk running out of spirit mid-battle if not managed properly
    - Voice acting does NOT fit the character, in my own personal opinion. When you look at him and know his origins as working with villains, you'd expect more of a gruff/edgy sounding character. Instead, he sounds like he could be Deadpool's long lost cousin.

TL:DR Summery:

Taskmaster is absolutely worth the investment, especially if you are wanting to experiment with a few different play styles and may even help you to intelligently invest in future heroes. But beware, his spirit will need to be closely managed as well as gaining a personal skill at tuning out his voice.

6. Nachur

Nachur Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite Marvel Heroes character is Scarlet Witch. Everything about her is just perfect. She's a freebie starter character. She can teleport, which is fantastic for travel and let's you easily hop around the Terminal missions. She has 2 root powers, once which heals you. She has several area powers with various effects: damage, confusion, fear. And she has powers that you toggle on and leave on, which deflect projectiles and do damage around you. She's not a tough character so you have to stay on the move during harder fights, but she gets alot of health regen so if she does take some damage you can teleport away and heal up. All in all a great hero.

7. sevenseht

sevenseht Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite hero is "the thing" because it is the only one I have. It looks pretty solid, but not doing enough damage.

His ultimate attack immobilizes opponents, causing much damage and increases certain skills "thing" and his friends.

This character can also activate one of its three auras
    to improve the damage, regeneration of spirit or defense.

He hits the ground hard, causing damage to all enemies around is

8. alenghil

alenghil Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favourite char is Nightcrawler, the best about nightcrawler is:

-His mobility, the general flow of his Teleporting, the feeling of agility
    -The damn-well done vocalization, all together with the bavarian accent
    -The uniqueness of skills, makes him feel truly different and bring Kurt to life

9. Daboss

Daboss Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Dr. Strange - Master of Black Magic

"There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective, and it is not my place to influence the evolution of the superhuman role." -Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange

My favorite hero is Dr. Strange. He is one of the strongest characters in the marvel universe and had some true character defining moments in his history as a hero. Some of the qualities that drew me to like Dr. Strange as a hero are that he's functioning in the background of the world and isn't overly flashy or egotistical. He's also dealt with adversity, loss (both on a personal and magical level) and has made some tough decisions that have shaped the world (I.E. illuminati / WWH). In the game Marvel Heroes he calls upon a wide variety of magical spells, incantations and summons to defeat his enemies. His play style suits me as it requires a lot of micromanagement and you don't just spam a few buttons and basic attacks. Each of his abilities has a nice animation and the spell detail is one of the best in the game. He's a character that to me feels a lot like he is depicted in the comics and overall is pretty strong. He's one of the few heroes that I've felt inclined to invest in a skin and recently bought the Dr. Strange Fear Itself Costume and have no regrets!

I hope I'm chosen to receive a free random hero from you guys, having more heroes to enjoy and expand my play experience has made me enjoy the game a lot more then I used to. I was pigeoned into playing the thing for awhile and it was due to a random hero give away like this one running that I was able to enjoy Dr. S and look forward to the possibilities and experience that I may enjoy from unlocking another random hero.

[​IMG]

10. The Final Word Podcast

The Final Word Podcast Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Ms Marvel is my FAVORITE character on Marvel Heroes MMO

MS MARVEL - #1 CHARACTER IN MARVEL HEROES MMO

"Bring Your A-Game Next Time" - Ms. Marvel

My favorite character in Marvel Heroes MMO is hands down Ms Marvel, she was my first character to get to level 60. She has a Legendary Gunigr and it is maxed out as well as all her specific uniques, literally when she shows up, everything dies. Her crit and brutal strikes are amazing. I own all her costumes and cannot wait for some more. What I like most about her is that she can TANK if necessary and take a licking and keep on ticking or she can play DPS and just deal out major damage. I can literally play the entire green terminal set and just kill all the bosses without breaking a sweat. She is the most awesome character so far, a close second for me is Storm.

http://grizzlybomb.com/wp-content/u...n_marvel___legacy_by_windriderx23-d4ux83v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  11. Luwyn

Luwyn Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hello Game Ogre,
    I bet you guys know why i am here so there we go... My favorite hero in Marvel Heroes is Nightcrawler ( It's only the third hero i level to 60 so it may change
    in the future ). The main reasons he's my favorite character is that he's extremely fun to play ( I mean teleporting EVERYWHERE while slashing and punching
    everyone in the face is hella fun), he looks truly amazing ( i want a tail too ^^ ) and he's pretty damn strong ( By that I mean it was the easiest leveling
    i did so far ). But my favorite part of this hero is by far his ultimate, which one is super cool ( 50 punches in 10 seconds is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :D ).

Moreover I feel like Nightcrawler has the same personality as me, since he's always doing some tricks and jokes to the people around ( Which is something
    i love doing ^^ ). However his religious conviction put me in admiration since he doesn't looks like humans ( some says he even looks like a little devil )
    and still believe in an all-mighty god.

Even though I love Nightcrawler there are some other heroes i'd like to play such as Cable, Loki, Spider-Man and Dr.Strange so this why i am here asking for a
    random hero code :)

Thanks in advance guys for the giveaway :)

P.S : Sorry but since English isn't my native language there might be some miss spelling in the text above :/

12. Alfman

Alfman Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Wolverine

Wolverine is the BEST character ever.

For the ones who like crits, survive, have, a good output damage and be awesome he os your heroe. Very Nice skills, two very possible builds, good skins, nice animations fast, can handle a full wave and very good in raids. If you ask for a note i will give like 8,9 things can be better but he is already fun and powerfull.

13. nethuns

nethuns Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Iron Man is my favorite character.

I always thought it was one of the best Marvel superhero. I read some comics of him and I've seen all Iron Man movies and I'm waiting fot the next one. Tony Stark is not a superhero with superpowers like most, is a highly intelligent human being getting to the level of a superhero. Thats amazing. Like in the Avengers movie, he could fight versus Thor, a god! I think Sir Stan Lee wanted with this character give some ilusion to everyone can be a superhero shooting missiles and laser.

Ingame, I think Iron Man is a dynamic character with which you have to be focused and know what to do to not get killed and above all, have the best skill of the game: One-off! and he has a bunch of missile skills and a minigun called Repulsor Barrage which is a boss destroyer. He is really funny hero to play with.

14. Monkey

Monkey Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Gambit
    In Marvel Heroes Gambit has 3 build variations. Mêlée, Ranged and Hybrid, not only that but they are all viable options.
    I play the mêlée build and even without serious gearing I am able to complete almost all of the Cosmic Terminals and all of the Reds without dying.
    This makes him a great character for those players that want to play casually but also for those that want to access the raid and PVP content.
    While he is a great character and probably the one I have used longest at lvl 60, I love almost all of the characters in my roster (22) for different reasons and that is what makes Marvel Heroes 2015 the best action MMO that is currently available especially as its Free to Play and definitely not a pay to win.

15. nosajv1

nosajv1 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Moon Knight has quickly become my favorite hero in the game. What other superhero dons a black costume, uses expert hand-to-hand combat techniques, employs diverse gadgetry, and rides around in a helicopter? Oh... Batman does those too. But Moon Knight is WAY cooler...and has nunchuks.

16. ixidor

ixidor Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Character Wolverine:
    I enjoyed playing Wolvie most in Marvel Heroes. He´s one of my favorite childhood-heroes and I am very happy to be able to play him in an RPG. This is one of the points I really like Marvel Heroes for, you are able to play so much of your comic idols. One more every month, wich shows how active the gazillion team is. Wolverine was already fun for me before his level 52 review wich happened lately. After this i need to rethink my gameplay and hadn´t been totally happy. I got used to the new gamemechanic with new ressource and different skills. The funfactor playing him greatly increased with raids now. He is such a funny bosskiller and great for groupplay. As well he can fit many different roles like tank, one mob burst and AoE to mobs.
    After all, playing him is heavy influenced by the devs: monthly release of new content/fixes/reviews changes experience. This is often an increase of fun; you get used to the not so fun things :)
    since review wolvie is no longer playable like a three buttom character wich he was often used to before. He was my first hero after starting heroe to buy and since that i´m playing him, all the time with a full action bar of skills i all use. So finally: I hope you like my short review to this charackter. Feel free to buy him or save splinters for him! He is much fun, including slashing bubs with your feral aggressive combat style plus adamantium claws! Marvel Heroes managed to bring real comic like Wolverine-feeling directly to your home :) (excuse me for grammar, I´m not a native speeker)

17. Covertghost

Covertghost Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Nightcrawler is my favorite hero. His biggest shtick is self-teleportation through the usage of brimstone mutation. An enigmatic character, Kurt Wagner's past features demons, mutants, circus acrobatics, and many other antics. He is not a tanky character, but this is balanced by his high damage potential and ability to stealth as well as teleport anywhere at anytime. His spell effects and sounds are really well put together and highlight the elusiveness of this brimstone brawler. With the proper build, he is able to contribute absurd amounts of AOE damage, while looking awesome doing it. Throughout the course of playing this game I've played about a dozen heroes, and for me, Nightcrawler stands above the rest.

18. speedyturbo

speedyturbo Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite hero is Iron Man. Since I watched Iron Man 1 I fell in love with him and it got me to start reading his comics. From the moment I started playing Marvel Heroes I knew he'd be the one I'll save up for first. He has a lot of flashy abilities that do tons of damage, and he has near-unlimited spirit, which has always been something I have trouble with. He also has the most costumes in the whole game.

19. Dthdrgn

Dthdrgn Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Doctor Strange
    Doctor Strange is my favorite hero for a few reasons. First, I love his play-style which consists of spamming as many abilities with cool-downs as possible in order to reduce the length of the cool-downs so you can spam them again and again. With this system, a large number of options exist when building his skill tree. He uses many more abilities in comparison to other heroes I have played. I use an entire two rows of skills on him and could easily see myself using more if I were to respec him. I also love that he has a teleport spell which makes farming content easy. Finally, he can be pretty tanky when you use his decoy ability. I can solo pretty much any content I have attempted so far with ease while playing him. Would definitely recommend others to give him a try.

20. Laughter

Laughter Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I enjoy playing Psylocke. I started playing Marvel Heroes back in beta and really couldn't connect with a hero until recently. Now I am quite addicted and loving the game. I love how she has both melee and caster abilities and can be used as a hybrid as well as some healing. I am looking forward to collecting more heroes to try! Just hit level 41 and saving for Squirrel Girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.