1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

MechQuest

Discussion in 'Browser Games' started by Supernatural, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    MechQuest is a 2D Sci-Fi browser MMORPG with turn based combat. Players take on the role of mecha pilots in training who are on their way to attend the prestigious G.E.A.R.S. University. Combat takes place on separate screens to which players are instantly teleported when they enter a battle. Fight against AI controlled mechs and aliens or battle other players to earn experience, credits and prestiege!

[​IMG]

MechQuest is set 5,0oo years before the events of Artix’s first online hit AdventureQuest. The two games are similar in many ways, battles take place in a classic turn-based fashion between the player and AI controlled opponents. Players start with a simple mech with a single weapon but can purchase new mech types and weapons with credits earned in battle. Some mechs preform better with melee weapons while others are suited for long ranged combat. The number of weapon types is extensive covering everything from machine guns, rockets, lasers, to melee power swords. By winning battles, players earn credits (in-game currency) and experience but many of the most most powerful mech and weapons must be purchased with ‘novas.’ Novas can only be obtained with real cash or by completing offers On Artix’s official site. By gaining experience and leveling up, players are given attribute points which can be used to raise six stats:

Luck - Effects the chance of critical hits.
    Reflex - Increases dodge rate and change of going first in battle.
    Power - Increases damage inflicted on opponents.
    Accuracy - Increasing the chance of your attacks hitting an opponent.
    Efficiency - lowers the amount of energy a mecha uses to attack.
    Perception - lowers the amount of damage taken from a hit.

[​IMG]

Adventure Quest - Play an online RPG for free, no games to download

2. Darkoake445

Darkoake445 Club Swinger

Credit:
    This game is actually a lot of fun and the AE Entertainment team has created a lot of fun and simple games.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I actually enjoyed MechQuest more than AdventureQuest and DragonFable. It was a lot of fun playing around with mechs.

4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Herosmash , MechQuest , AQ , AQ3D are the best games that AE made so far.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have played it a bit, but i didn't get into it as much i got into AQW, AQ and AQ3D. It's a decent game, but i just haven't played it that much.

6. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    Played this game long time ago for only a few minutes xD... :p

7. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Tried this one 5 years ago awesome game made by an awesome developer company AE

8. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Oh lookie here. Another AE game hmm. Is this a browser one?

9. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah this one was abandoned sadly, you can still play it but the staff don't update it anymore. It was a alright game but felt too much of a clone of their other RPGs AQ and DF. The skullcrusher mecha is iconic.

10. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Game was alright when it came out, but I could smell the lack of vision from the beginning. I knew the game would flop, and it did. I didn't want it to, but it was basically adventure quest 2.0 but with adventure quest being far too old and fleshed out for this new game to provide anything fresh and different. It died before it was even born tbh.