1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Moglin Puppet Show Thoughts

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre King Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    Yesterday, the AQ3D team displayed a Moglin puppet show livestream on Twitch as part of their Moglin Kickstarter stretch goal. What did you think about the Moglin puppet show? Which Moglin in the show was your favorite? What scene was your favorite?

Personally I think they had some interesting ideas like creating parodies based on pop culture, but I did feel like there were too many transitions in between scenes and the chroma key they set up for their green screen wasn't perfect. I still admire their effort for putting up a show though.

2. Gamma001

Gamma001 Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It wasn't that bad. It was a bit cringy at times but I still respect that AE took time out of working on releases to do something interesting and unique that they probably won't do ever again.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Prince Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It went better than i expected! Even if this was a one-time thing, it was still great.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Obviously not my thing lol, but you have to respect the effort and imagination put into it as a big production:). Actually, it could evolve into a massive hit if they could do it on a regular basis somehow.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There sure was some effort put to the whole thing, but it becoming regular isn't really that likely to be honest even though the idea doesn't sound that bad. Artix did great job with the script no doubt.

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre King Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    Yeah, I don't see it being a regular thing either. They would probably have to get someone new to write the scripts for regular puppet shows so the main writer can focus on writing for the game, and I don't think regular puppet shows would bring it more viewers unless there were more engaging skits or some kind of stand-up comedy. To me, their puppet show felt like a one-time thing.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's better that it stays that way because it would take time from the developers and AQ3D.

8. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I enjoyed it within the time i was there.
    Unfortunately, I could not stay for the whole stream.

The parodies and them involving the audience was great.