1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Mojang closing Scrolls

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by brankomiljus20, Jun 29, 2015.

1. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Scrolls, Mojang's collectible card/strategy game, is no more. The studio announced today that the game "can no longer sustain continuous development," and while it promised to keep the servers running until at least July of 2016, no new features or card sets will be added.

More HERE

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Not completely unexpected and it sounds like if somehow things pick up the game will last longer. The game just doesn't click with people.

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I actually never even tried it, but i think that Hearthstone is one of reasons for that

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It was bad timing for Scrolls, it kinda hurt them you had to buy the game so the player base didn't build quickly. Then Hearthstone came along free to play, simple and pretty quick gameplay... it just buried Scrolls. Scrolls has some depth but it's too slow, confusing and not free to match up with Hearthstone. It's not polished nor designed well enough to compete with other more depth card games... it's just kinda stuck in no mans land, a decent idea but not executed quite well enough.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Wow, it is fun but was not a monster hit like Minecraft was or even close.

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Kind of unfortunate. I remember Mojang had to fight a battle against Bethesda over the name "Scrolls" since Bethesda owns "Elder Scroll", and I think Mojang had to change their game's name to Caller's Bane. Never got a chance to play the game though, but I've seen videos of the game.