1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Monthly Releases or Weekly Releases?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    So AdventureQuest 3D tends to have monthly releases, and sometimes tends to have frequent releases within a month. Unlike AdventureQuest Worlds, AdventureQuest 3D cannot have consistent weekly releases. Do you find monthly releases to be a good thing, or do you prefer weekly releases sort of like in AdventureQuest Worlds?

For me, I prefer monthly releases, because releases feel more special that way and aren't under major time constraints. With weekly releases, releases tend to feel less special because they happen so often, and a downfall I tend to see with weekly releases is poor development. With monthly releases, more time can be invested in planning out a release, and weekly releases crammed into a monthly release would essentially be one mega-release which I find more enjoyable because it feels like I'm playing for much longer whereas weekly releases feel short. Now I have been noticing over the recent months that the AQ3D team has rushed out unpolished content in less than a month's worth of effort, which adds on to why I prefer monthly releases over weekly (or frequent) releases.

2. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I too prefer monthly releases. More time to work on the new data before the next update.

3. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Monthly releases.

I'd also like then to stop focusing on seasonal events and focus that time on core-gameplay additions. Yeah, seasonals are great but it should be a priority to move out of beta-phase. It should be disappointing to them to delay the full release yet again.

Rushed content lately is because of the seasonal releases, also not needed, that get in the way and cause more delays.
    Also the non-linear releases with Darkovia vs. Ashfall. "Yeah guys, lets just start completely fresh and focus on Darkovia then finish up Ashfall".

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I will pick monthly releases because i want content be more polished and ready rather than going for weekly releases. More time means better quality and that is what AQ3D should go for because this game determines AE's future.

5. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I prefer monthly release cuz they cant even make a release perfect with months of preparation how much more if its weekly rip

6. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Monthly.. just so they can have more time to polish it up...

7. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I prefer monthly releases even tho AE rushes every new content. The game would be lame if they do weekly releases and will turn into fashion recolored/reskinned game.

8. darbove36

darbove36 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    ı prefer montly because i havent time :D

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's pretty good to have monthly releases for this reason alone. When releases come monthly, you won't be too behind.

10. Snowy

Credit:
    Absolutely. With Darkovia Part II, Frostval, and the new Frost Raider content coming out week-by-week, it's disastrous to try to cram everything in, especially before the seasonal releases leave. Grinding for ShadowSlayer ranks has become deserted since new releases have diverged players to doing other things, which makes players seem even far behind in their progress.

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's quite problematic for people who are behind doing older content and there are less people doing them or barely any depending on that content. Amount of active players is a problem that this game has and it's not surprising considering that AQ3D is still in Beta phase. I do hope we get a good amount of new active players when the game goes live.

12. valkangel

Credit:
    Considering we've had like a million downloads on mobile alone (heck on android alone) if even one fourth of that are regular players then that would be awesome and would enable them to add more challenging raids in the future :)

13. Snowy

Credit:
    Well, there may be over a million downloads, but that doesn't mean much since it's about the active players more than the downloads. The number of players who log in and play means a lot more, and it actually seems like there's a bit more players playing the game according to the server list. It's usually 200-300 player on each server at any given time, but it's about 400 on each server now, and I'm assuming it's because of the holidays rather than the way releases are structured. There is a bountiful amount of releases to play, albeit not perfect, but there are also more players than usual.

14. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I prefer monthly releases as well because they usually take longer to complete and there's always a little bit of everything for everyone. With weekly releases there's always something that lacks

Even after a week, there's still people that haven't caught up with the recent release so even if there's a month without any new content there's always going to be people catching up on the last release while weekly releases (AQW) most people finish them in 10 minutes and then there's no reason to login for the next 6 days unless you do endgame stuff, but not everyone plays for the grind. Some enjoy the story, some enjoy dressing up and some hardcore grind. Monthly releases balance that the best i think.

15. valkangel

Credit:
    Thats why i said that if even a quarter of them play then we would be in a much better place as a game

16. xX STORM GENERAL Xx

xX STORM GENERAL Xx Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Monthly release are better cuz you get to have a shot at properly hunting all the items you need as well as enjoy it cuz it actually has proper quality, unlike in aqw. But since it’s ae , you know it’ll be mostly hilarious all the same

17. Snowy

Credit:
    I feel like Artix Entertainment as a company has the "weekly release" mentality, that the teams will try to push each release weekly, or as soon as the release is finished. AQ3D releases do seem to be pushed a little too early, and I cannot recall a time when AQWorlds itself hasn't had a weekly release, but I do agree that monthly releases would allot more time to hunt for things with feeling "rushed" by newer releases. Both the AQ3D community and AQWorlds community do seem to prefer monthly releases over weekly releases anyway. Even considering that some players play with alt accounts, it's not really a bad idea to have monthly releases over weekly ones.

I could even see less typos and less bugs, if AQ3D releases weren't pushed too early. You cannot imagine how many typos I've stumbled upon in just 2017 alone, and a lot were obvious typos.

18. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Monthly is the way. Weekly releases would just prove to be too short or easy.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's how things usually turn out when weekly releases are concerned. Monthly releases are better in a way to have something to work on that's not way too easy or short.

20. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Monthly releases(or just every 2 weeks releases) but also the worth of getting items is like a week of farming to get.