1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Need programmer to finish browser game, good $$$!

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by PrimeChronic, Jan 13, 2015.

1. PrimeChronic

PrimeChronic Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hey everyone,

I started designing my game in early 2010 and in 2011 started working with programmers to get it done. After going through 3 programmers and finding out none of them had the skillsets they claimed to have, I was forced to take the game down until I could get it finished correctly.

It currently is up and running, I just tell people not to play it until its going again. It has a few issues that need to be fixed before it can be re-launched.

Combat needs to be rewritten. A basic placeholder combat was put in place so the game could get out and get feedback but the actual combat system was never implemented.

There are currently 3 quest types, all give the same reward. These are pretty good as is, some minor tweaking. Two more quest types needs to be added, a memory card type game and a maze. The maze is a harder aspect but also will be a key component of the game.

Once those are done the game can be re-launched and start generating money. I have every detail of the game spelled out, down to the complex formula for clan warfare, it just needs to be coded. Once the game is re-launched there will be the regular bug fixing phase and then the game has 6 planned major updates for year one, roughly one every 2 months.

This is not your typical fight/quest/upgrade/repeat game. This has a running storyline that changes gameplay as it goes and what players do will influence what directions the game goes. Every single piece of feedback I got from the nearly 500 players who registered when it was up and active for almost 4 weeks was 100% positive and they all loved it.

The concept is solid, the playerbase is still there and waiting for it. I can moderate and run the game and handle all the business aspects of it, all you need to do is program it.

We split everything 50/50 after paying the server costs for 3 months and taking out 10% for advertising. Other similar games that have no storyline and are basic fighting games have generated $100,000+ their first year. I've watched them launch and repeat this formula with success multiple times, this concept takes that and makes it completely better.

Contact me and we can talk more, the game is up right now I can show you the basics and we can go from there.

Please no one who is learning to code, I've tried that path multiple times. I need someone who knows their craft and is ready to start making some serious money with their serious skills.

Thanks!

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Let us know here when you get it made and we can list it:).

3. PrimeChronic

Credit:
    Thanks I definitely will. I realized I don't have to worry about someone stealing the idea since I have private forums dated as well as the server my friend runs for me that has the game on it so I'll tell more about it.

The basic concept is you are a brain. You start out in the body of a zombie, but really you can attach to anything with a spinal cord down the road. You do different types of quests, depending what play style you like. There's fighting quests, strategy quests, clicking quests and a couple that mix those together. All quests give the same reward, a fight new host ticket.

Your host is the body you are attached to. Again, this will all just be zombies year 1, but you can imagine the possibilities down the road... but anyways, you use the ticket, you fight a zombie that has slightly stronger stats than your current body. You aren't going to win every fight, you aren't meant to. When you do win a fight though, you saw open the skull with your trusty bonesaw and put your brain in the new body, gaining control of it. This is effectively how you "level up" in the game.

There is no main level. There's not even an xp meter anywhere. There are some different skills and markers that advance your character and the game. As a brain, you have 3 main stats. Your main brain level (this will max at level 10 in year 1 content), speech and speed. Each brain level is unlocked and earned in different ways and none of these ways are told to the players, aside from brain level 1. Speech and Speed both start at -10, which represents you being a new brain and being in a slow, dumb zombie. Speech can be raised in the academy, one of your main afk/idle options, and speed has a chance to increase every time you take over a new host.

Bosses, Land, PvP, Cults(clans) and everything else are planned out but not coded yet.

Go ahead and check it out, but don't spend any $$ lol brainsmmo dot com

This will really do well with the right programmer. I know what I'm doing on my end for all the business aspects and maintaining the game environment and playerbase.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Shugo here might can help:). He developed and ran a couple of games I think.

5. PrimeChronic

Credit:
    I sent him a message, haven't heard back yet :(

6. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i responded to your message, where is the browser game that needs to be finished? on which website? You are very vague about your game, fair warning, in my experience that usually does not bode well.

also note that i am busy with webshops and websites at the moment, you may need to wait a while before i have enough time on my hands to take up any new projects.

7. PrimeChronic

Credit:
    I responded thanks! The game is at brainsmmo dot com, I can't add links yet it says but registration is open so you can make a character and check it out. I think the base code is pretty solid.

8. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Most of the base code appears to be there. Now for the critique....

It is your typical text based zombie slasher. Looks like a clone of some text based whose name escapes me at the moment. Perhaps kingdom of loathing or something like that. I do not see this making a six figure to be honest, but with a good concept and good playerbase it may make you a monthly rent.

It is not my taste in games to be honest.

Just because the basic game is there doesn't mean it will be quick to finish. It is php so I can definitely make it, that's not the problem, but in what style was it written in? OO? Procedural? Or a bit of both? If it is not easy to read, a programmer may have to redo the code, because that will be quicker. Frankly speaking with 3 novice programmers working on it in 3 years I expect a huge mess. Also with the code being there. What makes you think that it is the 3 programmers fault that the game is not finished? Perhaps you are trying to make something with PHP or implement something that can't be done with PHP. At least that's a thought that popped up in my head, though I may be wrong here.

Navigation is problematic, there are hardly any pictures and there is no team concept, just PvP or PvE. As for screen resolution, that site does not appear to be responsive, so you have issues there. Once finished i expect with a good playerbase it may last a year, perhaps 2 at most, before people get bored of it. Frankly I expect it to wear off sooner.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Shugo is good about responding:). Best of luck with your site.