1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New CoD: Black Ops 4 Details

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by Aaddron, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Several major gaming outlets have confirmed with sources that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 won't have a single player campaign and will feature a new Battle Royale mode. The battle royale mode isn't a big surprise per-say... the mode has been hugely popular with games like Fornite and PUBG so it's only natural Activision would want in on that. Dropping the single player campaign though... I'm not sure if it's even happened before in the long history of Call of Duty.

What do you guys think? Does the lack of a single player campaign matter to you? Excited or not, for a Battle Royale mode?

2. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I played Black Ops 2 the most but just for the multiplayer. I think I did the first campaign mission but then I realized it wasn't for me and went back to multiplayer for the online modes and DLC maps which were fun. Battle Royal I don't know about but I'll read up on it

3. Zalb33

Zalb33 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I actually dont like the whole Battle Royale thing going on and i think that would be fine if they kept the singleplayer in , but now that they arent making it i can say it out loud that i officially hate Activision now.

4. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm a big fan of Fortnite and I welcome this development tho I don't want the single player campaign to be removed. Id rather wish they change multiplayer.

5. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Single player is important when you are exausted of grinding something, but I still prefer multiplayer games.

6. E.N.D.

E.N.D. MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I am probably gonna skip this year because of the missing single player campaign.

7. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    If they can deliver a decent story line (like MW series) then its fine. If not a multiplayer game with 20-30$ price tag should be good enough. Not sure how I feel about the BR mode, i think its only being done to grab cash (by selling cosmetics)!