1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Daily Tasks changes

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Corom, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I noticed yesterday that the fishing requirement went from 30 fish down to 10. What do you think of this change?

I like it. I think that 30 fish per day was a bit much. I had heard of some people neglecting their dailies because they thought that 30 fish was excessive. I can't disagree. This is a good change.

Did anything else change that I didn't notice?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not a fan of daily tasks, personally. If it takes more than an hour to complete all of those tasks, then it's not worth the effort of completing. And I think most of the tasks are just dumb anyway (e.g. having to send a message in chat, having to use another class in battle, having to use a consumable, having to buy an item from a shop, having to craft an item).

I'd rather see daily tasks that encourage players to actually participate in exploring, battling monsters, and doing what the game is titled (i.e. adventuring and questing). The other problem is that daily tasks are just repetitive; you do the same thing every single day. There's no rotation whatsoever, and I think that's the biggest problem with daily tasks.

videovillain likes this.
  3. Corom

Credit:
    The thing I like about it is that I am getting extra XP for things I am already doing (like daily boss battle, farming for rares.)
    It will be worth more once they provide us with worthwhile things to save capstones for. But, for now, we can keep on saving.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think the capstones requirement for crafting is ridiculous, because you'll have to invest a lot of time into the game just for experience, and it already takes way too long to level up at level 31 in a normal game session. I can expect to level up from almost 1 hour of doing daily quests in maybe a week. But aside from that, level scaling has just made earning experience tougher, because it takes longer to complete daily quests which are meant to reward you a good chunk of experience.

5. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah, 100% agree with @Snowy here. The dailies should absolutely not be forcing you to craft or chat or swap classes. It should be rewarding you for things like visiting some number of different areas, traveling some distance, finishing some number of dungeons (the complete any dungeon one is fine, but maybe have a 3 dungeon and 5 dungeon as well). It should be asking you to find the highest place on a specific map, or to stand in front of some statue, or just play for some amount of time. Basically, by logging on and playing for say 15~30 minutes, I should be able to complete most, if not all of the daily tasks just because that's what happens whey you play the game. I'm not always crafting, nor am I always chatting, nor am I always fishing, nor am I always using consumables, etc. That stuff should not be there at all IMO.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think 3 to 5 dungeons is too many, but 1 or 2 is fine, but that mostly depends on the dungeon, like how many rooms there are or whether it's scaled or not, because some dungeons are easier than others. The other ideas just don't seem reasonable, like finding the highest place on a specific map or standing in front of some statue, since it would require too much time from AE to implement, especially when you consider that there are a bunch of statues in the game.

7. videovillain

Credit:
    Maybe so, but there are already all the title locations that could be used, haha.

8. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    With titles, there's usually an event trigger with a map showing on the location, but I think those are used sparingly only for those purposes. And they tend to be more specific in that they only show up at one particular spot.

9. videovillain

Credit:
    Yeah I know, I just mean that new adventurers could happily find some titles and some older adventurers can revisit areas they've been before by "Adventuring"

There are a million ways it can be done, and honestly it would be relatively easy with predetermined locations rather than procedurally generated ones.

Just thinking about ways to get people out and adventuring.

10. Corom

Credit:
    I wish they would come up with an in-game map that could be used to find things in a dungeon and then they could introduce a scavenger hunt to play as a way to complete daily tasks. The hunt could be randomly generated from a list of possible locations. I guess they could still do this with the arrow but a map of the dungeon would make things more enjoyable, imo.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it's too early for major tasks like that, considering there would be a lot going on when there hasn't been many things implemented yet to sustain a scavenger hunt. It's similar to asking for PvP to be part of a daily task completion, when the feature hasn't been fully out yet.

And I'm quite critical about fishing, because I think it could be improved a lot more, but that's just how AE wants to approach fishing, and unfortunately that had to be part of a daily task. I'm just not a fan of features that feel "unfinished" getting implemented into the game, especially when they add other things on top of it (like a daily task).

12. Corom

Credit:
    I can agree with you on this. It does seem like that there are a lot of underdeveloped aspects of the game. And then when you are expecting something new, it ends up being another quest that brings you back to the old things you were unsatisfied with to begin with.

13. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's always been an issue, even with the story quests. Like in Bone Cliffs, you kill skeletons, then gargoyles, then skeletons again, then gargoyles again, and it just feels like filler with no actually flow. Sometimes AE adds repetitive things just to keep players busy, but I think it's better to keep things short and sweet instead of long and laborious, especially since the game is being catered to mobile players. Problem is that AE still has the old-school mindset of an MMORPG, rather than an innovative mindset to keep up with the trend, and I think that's slowing down the actual progress of the game.

14. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I like the new updated version now only ten fishies I smash these in 5-10mins it’s easy lol.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it would have been better, if they went with some sort of "bingo" style for completing daily tasks, with a bingo board alternating each day. In other words, have like 25 possible daily quests that players can do, but let the player choose 5 that will form a bingo to obtain the big rewards.

Right now, it's the same 10 daily quests everyday, with most quests feeling dull and meaningless. There's just no energy in the game, nothing to keep the game feeling anew.

16. Rizlaftw

Credit:
    Exactly I feel the same they need to have some sort of rotation or something or what you said a bingo thing if some sort would make it different everyday xmas it is just boring now but sadly I still do them.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't see a point to doing them. You're not really rewarded much anyway, just experience and gold, which most people don't really need anyway. Capstones from leveling up are mostly pointless and gold is easy to accumulate.

Rizlaftw likes this.
  18. Rizlaftw

Credit:
    They need to release some armor that attracts people to wanting to level up as the current capstones armor people won’t even take a second look I know I won’t an I have just got to 3000 capstones.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Capstones don't incentivize people to level up. They incentivize people to keep doing quests and killing monsters, after they're at the max level, which is quite frankly pointless. I mean the game is already off-putting by having hundreds of items to farm for (which is catered to the very few players that have no limit to how much time they spend playing), when really, there's barely much content that the majority of players can enjoy.

There are better ways to incorporate things in the game, and just adding more grind isn't doing the game any good (especially when you're just revisiting the same areas in the game every single day). I want to see more things incorporated into the story and have more rewards driven by one-time quests, instead of the same rinse-and-repeat cycle that the game's been encouraging for years now.

20. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I would like it to stay at least 15 kkk I'm kind of lazy