1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Game open BETA

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games' started by Lightning, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning BamBam

Credit:
    Im new to this and Hopefully I do this correctly Pls correct if i'm wrong

Robits World Beta Is the official link to the game. It was recently released for people to test it out and we may all fall upon some bugs.

[​IMG]

Type of Game: This game is straight off the browser for now. In the past they have done stand alone applications but I believe they did this one browser based to eliminate cheats and 3rd party programs.

Basic Overlook: Since it is new there isnt much to offer right now other than a few basic weapons upgrades; repair kits for when your in battle; better armor etc. Next week (Tuesday the 21st) they are going to be adding in their next installment of new gear and game additions. The basic genre of the game would be a battle game. You control your robot, and customize him with better parts and weapons and take him into battle against other people. The aiming system is controlled by your mouse and keyboard and for the most part is simple. There is A LOT of strategy involved once you are facing better people in matches.

You have your house in the game, and they have real-estate so you can move your 'pad' to a bigger and better area. Also you can purchase real-estate and signify it as your Team Headquarters and invite people to join a team with you (this is the way to go.) There are directory buttons to look at other peoples houses and headquarters (yes they have goofy furniture to decorate with). One of the simple newer features they just added was a goto feature (they have an in-game instant messaging and email system called the Egg). When you are viewing another players profile you can see where they are and click goto to travel to the same room/map area as them.

The game is based off xp (and actually the xP system seems pretty accurate). You have achievements to do most of them simple you get them just by playing normally; 50buddies, 100buddies etc. It is based off a ranking system I dont know exactly what they are. Basically the more battles you get in and do well in you'll move up from infantry to chief commander I believe is the top level.

The downfalls of this game right now are the fact that it is so new not many people are playing. That and the fact that most people don't like to give betas a shot for fear they really won't satisfy the gaming needs (I guess thats what we'd call it lol). Thanks guys I do appreciate it, the game administration is scrambling to put out new updates because of THIS site's influx of users giving it a shot. THANK YOU.

2. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    This should've been put under "Upcoming Games", I signed up under the name Kr1mZ0n but ill have to get on more in a few days, i'm going out.

3. Lightning

Lightning BamBam

Credit:
    ok I didn't know If any Staff is on can you move this post to upcoming games please
    I apologize it's in the wrong area

4. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    No problem.

Sigh, if only I still had my modding powers :(

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Moved to upcoming games:).

6. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Well, when I first went to the page, I saw the concept background art (I guess that's what it's called) and mistook it for a gameplay pic, and got excited thinking it was gonna be 3D, but then I looked at the screenshots and saw how it was 2D and top view.

Still, I gave it a look and a try, and it amazed me. Usually I'm not interested in top view 2D games, but this game is really interesting and pretty cool. I'm gonna try it out some more, and I hope it gets finished!:)

Also, is there a way to make a new robot? I got a robot, but I want to re-name it to something more robotic.

Also, maybe there could be matches where you can play against AIs?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009