1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New text based game just released!

Discussion in 'Ogre's Online Game Lunch' started by rapid3642, Jan 12, 2010.

1. rapid3642

rapid3642 BamBam

Credit:
    Hey guys i just released my own text based game!

Its called "Vengeance Slayers"

Its a lunch break sorta game i did my best trying to make everything work and honestly it was very hard but i finally finished it. Its Based off a template so most scripts and work was done by another person but i did my best getting it online.

You can travel the map and level your character up in a variety of combination's such as strength pure, dexterity pure, or any mix you want. You can test your skills out at the pvp dueling arena or travel the map and explore new towns which leads to new items and a stronger character. each level grants 5 level points to spend in which ever category you want, the choice is yours!

I did everything i could to make the best game and so far its in beta testing but fully operational!

its very similar to fallen sword there aren't many users and i would very appreciate it if you guys would at least check it out. if anyone can, can you suggest ideas to get the name out? I don't really know how to advertise it except through forums and i don't want to span any forums so if someone is able to help i would greatly appreciate it! I don't have money to advertise through payed sites.

Any way thanks for your time and i hope you have a great time playing!

2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Link please?

3. rapid3642

rapid3642 BamBam

Credit:
    opps

sorry the link is
    vego.clanteam (dot com)
    i cant post links i dont have 5 posts yet sorry

4. quinn

Credit:
    It's fine...
    the point is to get you to be a part of the community before doing anything that requires links though...

5. quinn

Credit:
    You require a 50x50 avatar...
    Might want to at least put a default that players can download, if you are not skilled enough to set one for them. (sends to error page)

6. rapid3642

rapid3642 BamBam

Credit:
    yea

yea honestly im looking forward to being part of the community and hey i also dont get it no one is playing my game i mean i only advertised for 1 day at like 10 different forums but no one has made an account i know its text based but sometimes its not all that bad its a real disappoint cause i spent countless hours preparing this game and no one will even make an account but idk it just sucks. o well thanks for at least checking out the thread though

7. rapid3642

rapid3642 BamBam

Credit:
    the error page

yea the error page idk why its there but im still working on making a better script and it does make your account just hit back and then login after the error page and the error just relates for the images and you can still have an image it just has to be 50x50 im trying to change that as fast as i can. sorry for the mix up and hey thanks for trying it out i really appreciate it!

8. quinn

Credit:
    Game is good so far, although the spaces are kinda far apart.

9. stephstar101

stephstar101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    awww, the images i hav are too big T_T

10. rapid3642

rapid3642 BamBam

Credit:
    want help?

its ok hey if you want you can send your avatar image to me and ill scale it down so you can use it? that goes for anyone by the way, sorry just want to help

11. quinn

Credit:
    Or they could scale it down themselves, not too hard xD

12. stephstar101

stephstar101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    i scaled it down and it's the wrong format, oh well, i wanna play splashfighters :p

13. rapid3642

rapid3642 BamBam

Credit:
    its ok

the formats are .png, .jpg. and .gif and its fine people should play what they want

14. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I like the idea of modern text-based games. It's one of the genres of games I grew up with in the early 2000s. However, I think this game is no longer around seeing that the OP's URL to the game redirects to another URL.