1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Official Thanksgiving Announcement from Min Kim

Discussion in 'Maple Story' started by KuroTsuna, Nov 30, 2011.

1. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    Dear players,

Thank you all for taking the time to read this letter. I’m Min Kim. I’m one of the founders of Nexon America and I’ve been with Nexon since 2003. MapleStory veterans may remember me from the early days of MapleStory Global. Since 2007 I’ve been working on things like our prepaid cards, marketing, and free-to-play evangelism efforts. Unfortunately, that has taken me away from what I enjoy most – working on our games and services.

Just recently however, Nexon America has made some internal changes and I am honored to announce that I will be back at the helm of our game services in my new role as Nexon America’s head of Live Games. There are a lot of changes coming and I’m going to tell you about some of the big things happening at Nexon over the next year.

The purpose of Live Games is to better monitor and manage our production, marketing, and communication efforts. It’s closely integrated with the rest of Nexon America and our developers in Korea. In fact, I just came back from a Korean trip to meet with all of our developers and trust me when I say that we’ve got some really cool and exciting things coming up from some of the best game makers in the world.

More important than a new structure, exciting content and cool games though, is our renewed commitment to show you the best in us. We’re planning many improvements at Nexon America both internally and in the games we service, but when considered together, they all stem from the same idea – getting back to basics. To you, our loyal customers, Nexon’s back to basics focus will provide:

• Better and more frequent communications with our players
    • Increased reliability and stability of our game services
    • Better Web and game experiences
    • Improving game security
    • Improving the quality of our customer service
    • Providing the best content and support for both existing and upcoming games

We hope you can put your faith in us to bring you the play you deserve.

On a side note, I would also like to take some time to talk about a recent project, Karma Koin. Going forward, Karma Koin will be Nexon’s official and preferred prepaid card. Although the Nexon Game Card still works, it is being phased out. Karma Koin will work just like the old cards and be found in the same stores. The difference is about making a difference. One percent of anything bought with Karma Koin will be donated to charity. When we add all the one percents together, we can collectively do a lot of good. The current charity supported by Karma Koin is Charity: Water.

Check out Karma Koin: Home and why water. for details.

There’s a lot more I would like to say, but I will reserve those thoughts for future announcements. In closing, on behalf of the entire Nexon family, I want to wish all of you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. All of us at Nexon are genuinely grateful for you, our players, and your love of our games! Without you, we would not exist.

Sincerely,

Min (Kim)